twenty.

one month later

"ICY ME OUT,
NIGGA ICE ME OUT"

Kash Doll's 'Ice me out' played loudly as I emerged from the behind the stage, the bedazzled curtains falling over me as I revealed myself - the sound of the men whistling and carrying on around me as I stood in the limelight of the stage.

I smirked tauntingly, completely taking in the admiration I was currently experiencing from everyone in the joint. I had returned to the stage, but this time in a city that was my own, and the people loved me. In a matter of a month I was one of the top dancers at Jhonny's, a gentlemen's club in South Philly that entertained those who fit the bill. I made money there, hell of a lot of it too. I was no one's pet, no ones quick nut, I was a prize. To be looked at, but not touched, to be stared upon like a piece of expensive art in a gallery, I, was like Mona Lisa.

I enjoyed every moment of being on stage. I let the rain of bills fall over me as I climbed the pole, my jet black hair swinging as I tilted back, precisely rotating one leg back and flipping myself up right, next dipping into a split. I smiled at the man in front of me, and I squinted my eyes as he looked extremely familiar. However I didn't let it phase me, instead I continued out my set, our eyes locked the entire time.
Whoever he was, he was beautiful. He was laid back, and didn't show clear excitement like the rest of the men, but I could tell he was enjoying the show. He paid me well, and I thanked him by giving him extra attention.

When I was done, I gathered up my earnings and headed towards the back to freshen up before working the floor.

"You did good tonight mami" Jesenia smacked me on the behind as she entered the locker room.

"Yes, you did. You giving them old hoes a run for their money" Sagittarius, one of the strippers added.

I smiled bashfully and then began to wipe the sweat off my forehead and arm pits. I sprayed a few sprits of my favorite perfume, and gave myself a once over in the large mirror. While I was doing so Jesenia made her way over to me and began to talk closely.

"She was just talking shit about you five minutes ago don't smile at that hoe"

I wasn't shocked to hear what Jesenia told me, but just laughed to myself because I would rather that Sagittarius not be fake. But there was no such thing as that in the strip club, and I learned that all the way in A.C.

"Well that bitch can be a hater in here, I'm going back onto the floor" I said not really trying to stick around anyway.

I gave the girl a knowing look before exiting out the back, letting it be known not to fuck with me.
I was there to do one thing, and one thing only - make money. And anyone who got in my way, got knocked down.

JETSON

"Damn man, did you see her? Katana was looking good as shit" My homeboy Jared exclaimed as we walked away from the stage after the spectacular performance from the mixed dancer.

I laughed, and had to admit the young woman was a sight to see. Something about her reigned familiar, but I didn't acknowledge it as most of the set I couldn't take my eyes off of her body that moved gracefully on the stage.

"Yeah, I ain't gon lie that was nice"

"That was nice huh?" Terrell scoffed, "Says the guy who didn't even want to come. Rather stay home and argue with your bridezilla"

"We don't argue, we disagree" I corrected him, although I knew the truth.

Ever since I picked up McKenzie from school a month ago and found out her biological father was back in the picture, Natalie and I hadn't been on the same page at all. We constantly bickered, and mainly because I was upset she would make such a decision without asking me first. It wasn't that I didn't want Mckenzie to know her real father, however Natalie demanded to be involved with every decision I made so I wanted the same curtesy. After non stop arguing, I finally decided to step out with a few of my boys to get my mind right.