[7]

Amara's POV

"I thought you were taking care of Beena?" I groan as Zoya and I place Beena on her bed.

Dina has already headed back to her apartment, which is understandable because she's the one who carried Beena for most of the way.

"I was! I literally looked away for five minutes and this idiot somehow drank four glasses of liquor." Zoya says.

I sigh. "Beena really needs to seek out some help. She's dealing with some inner demons that's slowly but surely spiralling out of control. One day, she'll break."

"Does she ever listen to us when it's against her wishes? We have to keep helping her, maybe start with stopping her from going to parties." Zoya suggests.

"If we begin preventing her from doing things, she'll start sneaking out, increase her risky behaviour and stop telling us. It'll just make it worst." I groan out of frustration.

"It's literally a lose-lose situation." Zoya face palms.

"What do we do about this crazy girl... One day, she'll end up driving us to crazy town." I laugh sadly as I watch Beena sleep peacefully.

"Hey..." Zoya pats my back. "We'll figure something out. Allah will show us a way, He always has a plan for everyone."

"Insh'Allah. Ameen."

"So... You lied about Munir." Zoya states.

"I did." I admit.

"You actually like Peter." She states again.

My eyes widen. "Shhh! Not in front of Beena."

Zoya giggles. "She's knocked out. She can't hear anything."

I caress Beena's hair. "How did you know?"

"You looked horrified when you saw the Peter and Beena together. Plus, I saw you blush from time to time." Zoya grins.

I defensively cover my cheeks. "I did not... ugh! I did, didn't I?"

"Are we telling Beena?" Zoya asks seriously.

I shake my head. "It's just a small crush. It'll fade away. Beena seems to seriously like him."

"Are you sure?" She asks.

I nod. "I'm sure. Maybe we can tell her after the crush subsides."

"You'll let Dina and I know right away if you start to realize that your feelings aren't going away, right?" Zoya looks at me sternly. 

"Yes, Ma'am." I smile. 

My smile drops. "But... there's this girl at the party who warned me to stay away from him. She seemed pretty serious." I raise my concern.

"It's Peter we're talking about. I could tell from just watching him at the party that he doesn't look like the commitment type. However, always remember that I will never judge you or Beena for who you like. Feelings happen and there's sometimes no control there. Just be responsible and respectful about how you convey it." She squeezes my hand for reassurance. "Besides, Peter's personality is rather magnetic."

"Right? It's almost like he can literally pull people in with the amount of energy he radiates." I agree.

Zoya agrees with me. "Ya Allah. Who would've thought you and Beena would ever end up liking the same person? Both of your types are as opposite as it gets."

I nervously grin. "Ha... I guess Allah has plans?"

"Hm, even you sound unsure about that." Zoya teases me.