Chapter 15: Beats

"Let the rain kiss you. Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops. Let the rain sing you a lullaby."

                       -Langston Hughes

"What the-"

You were utterly speechless as you gawked at the sight before you, your blue eyes wide with confusion and shock as they drifted over the unrealistic sight before you.

You hesitantly took a step forward into your bedroom, not bothering to close the sliding door behind you.

You had initially planned on returning to your room and packing some of your things.

Namjoon had said that he would find you another room to stay in. He knew that you didn't exactly feel...comfortable being in this room, especially after what happened. Considering the fact that sleeping in this room made you easily accessible to Jungkook, you whole-heartedly agreed to find somewhere else to stay....somewhere far away from the perverted Emperor.

You had initially planned on returning to your room and packing some of your things....

But the sight that awaited you behind the sliding door had you standing frozen in your place.

Roses.

Your entire bedroom was filled to the brim with roses of every color.

You were surrounded by the flowers. They were everywhere, their sweet scent instantly hitting your nostrils as you slowly took another step forward.

You didn't even think it was possible to pick so many roses...but here you were; Surrounded by numerous bouquets of the multicolored flowers...Some red and some white.

You could barely even see the wooden floor beneath you or the bed in front of you.

Whoever was responsible for this sure went all out. You couldn't even take a step without accidentally crushing one of the helpless plants.

"How in the world-"

You huffed out in annoyance as you tried to maneuver around the flowers, trying your best not to break or crush them as you slowly made you way to your dresser.

"I see you've received my gift."

Your body halted it's movements as a familiar voice floated to your ears, eyes hardening instantly as you turned to face your uninvited guest.

"Jungkook." You growled.

His brows jumped at your clearly unhappy tone of voice.

"Y/n."

You didn't move from your spot, feet planting themselves firmly on the floor as you readied yourself for any kind of stunt he may try to pull as you rubbed your healing wrist subconsciously.   

Jungkook's brown eyes darted down to your injury, eyes softening slightly as he took a step forward, hand outstretched to touch you.

You stepped back, all caution for the flowers completely fading away, replaced by the need to protect yourself.

The young royal quickly moved his gaze back to yours, expression never changing as he slowly lowered his hand to his side. 

"You're still angry with me." He sighed out.

You rolled your eyes.

This guy.

"Duh." You spat. "You broke my wrist, douchebag!"

His brows furrowed at your odd choice of words, but he decided to ignore your confusing statement, his mind telling him that it was probably an insult.....