. CHAPTER 8 .

I was incredibly confused.

How did these people know about my mum and me? what made them think she was possessed?

I've never been one to believe in ghosts and demons.

I used to believe in angels but I stopped a long time ago.

My biggest question however was, what did they think haunted there?

Did somebody die there?! that wasn't possible! my mum had the house built, no one had ever lived there except our family.

"Alison?"

I snapped back to reality and looked at Tom.

"Thank you" I whispered while handing him a bundle of notes.

"It's ok. I don't want your money. consider this ride a favour since we're friends." said Tom.

"No really I insist Tom ,please"

"No I won't take it."

I sighed, this was a losing battle.

"Fine. But promise me that you'll let me know if you need anything from me"

"Promise" he chuckled. " You should get going... I think a storms coming. Its really rainy around these parts."

I looked at my watch. It was 7:40, and the walk would take around half and hour.

"Yeah I gotta go. Bye Tom. i'll see ya soon"

"Bye. " Said Tom as he began to walk to his car.

I stood on the pavement, collecting my things and preparing for the walk.

"Alison!"

I looked up and Tom was standing by his car.

"Remember Alison. DO not leave your house after 3:00am."

"What? why? Tom?"

"Promise me Alison. I'll explain later. just promise me"

"I..I promise Tom"

He smiled. "bye Alison"

"Bye" I called.

And with that he drove off.

I began to walk through the forest, following the path.

Why didn't Tom want me to leave my house after 3? how did the town people know about my family? What was he hiding from me?

Questions raced through my Mind as I walked. The bags where heavy and I was beginning to get tired.

I looked at my watch- 8:01

I began to walk faster, it was starting to get dark.

The forest was absolutely ginormous.

There where enormously tall trees surrounding me and I could see the moon through them.

I looked at the cobblestone path, how much further was it?!

30 minutes later

I was extremely tired. I didn't know how much longer it would be.

I carried on looking at the path until suddenly I felt the urge to look up...

Oh My God. it was absolutely beautiful.

It was a small cottage, covered in beautiful plants and statues. There where tiny glow stones stuck in the path and on the door.

It was very dark now so that made the cottage look even more beautiful.

It looked quite small, but cosy.

I practically ran to the front door, I fumbled around my pockets for the keys and then put them through the lock. With one mighty heave, i pushed the door open...

There was a small living room on the left was a flight of stairs, on the right was what looked like a kitchen and in the further centre there looked to be a back door.

Everything was quite old fashioned. There was a small sofa with an oak table in the middle. The floor was wooden, and a little dusty.

There where several cabinets full of tiny antiques, I was surprised that This place hasn't been ruined by animals or people.

Everything was a little dusty, but still beautiful.

I would explore the place tomorrow, today all I wanted to do was to eat and sleep.

I left most of my bags on the floor by the door. I made sure to lock the door and the windows by it, i didn't want anything or anyone coming in.

I carried my main shoulder bag with me up the stairs.

The stairs where quite small. At the top was a small landing which could lead to 4 rooms.

I went into the room with a spruce door.

Pushing it open, i stood still, absolutely shocked by its beauty.

There where deep chocolate brown and cream walls with a chocolate brown carpet. There where matching oak cabinets and a wardrobe.

Shelves full of books and ornaments lined the walls along with a couple of oil paintings.

At the end of the room was a beautiful bed. On both of its sides where two candle lamps. I rushed toward them and lighted them both. They illuminated the room.

I reached in my bag and pulled out a bar of chocolate.

I ate it, savouring each bite, when I was finished I laid down.

I couldn't be bothered to do anything else so I let myself drift into a deep, comfortable sleep....