007. air temple island

THE AVATAR'S BIG SISTER .

── ☆ ☆ ☆ ──

[ INSIDE THE COMMUNAL DINING AREA AT AIR TEMPLE ISLAND ]

𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 that fiasco with Chief Beifong and Tenzin threatening Korra and I to return to the South Pole, he finally came around after our countless begging and fake tears, and told us that we both can stay at Air Temple Island for the time-being just so Korra can complete her Airbending Training (although, I'm very convinced that he only allowed us because I offered to babysit his children...for free ). 

"—-and in the final round, the Buzzard Wasps won with a knock-out!" exclaimed Korra, reading the sports section of the daily newspaper. 

"Let me see!" I ruthlessly snatched the paper out of her hands, with her arguing that she wasn't finished reading.

"The Wasps done it again! Five to one!" I lowered the paper on the table in front of me, Korra snatching back the paper again. "Five to one? Please, that other team didn't stand a chance!"

"I know, right?" she concurred, nodding in agreement. If there was one game Korra and I both enjoy—–and trust me, there wasn't many—–it was Pro-bending.

"Maybe we could go out and watch a game or two," I suggested with a smirk as I turned my head towards Tenzin, who had been sitting across the table. "What do you think?"

"Absolutely not. That sport is a mockery to the noble tradition of bending."

We both let out a gasp of shock and horror as his harsh words before I repeated mockingly, "That sport is a mockery to noble tradition of bending!  Spirits, that's such a monk thing to say."

"Oh, come on!" she whined to the bald man. "We've been dreaming of seeing a match ever since we were kids and now, we're just a ferry ride away from the arena."

"The answer is still no," he shutted down sternly. "You're here to finish your Avatar training, not to watch that drivel. You'll remain on this island until it's complete."

Korra slumped down and leaned her head against the palm of her hand. "This isn't fair."

"Well," I said as I started to get up. "It may not be fair to you, but it's totally fair to me. You know why, Korra? 'Cause I'm not the Avatar! Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to prepare for tonight's match-."