Second Year

Chapter 11: Second Year

"I can't believe it! It's Y/N Rosecharm!"

"She is now a young beautiful lady!"

"Just like her mother Ella Rosecharm!"

Reporters from The Daily Prophet exclaimed.

Oh Merlin.

"Mom, we should go. I dislike getting too much attention." I whispered.

"You're not the only one, dear." Mom said.

"May I have an autograph, Ms. Rosecharm?" A familiar voice asked. TOO FAMILIAR.

I turned. "Yes of course- oh my! Hello Draco." I said then hugged him.

"Hello, darling." He said then hugged me back.

I took a good look of Draco. "You've grown more handsome over the summer."

"Stop." He said, grinning. I touched his cheek.

"I mean, you lost your baby fats, you've grown tall." I said.

He touched a strand of my hair. "Your hair grew long. You look even more beautiful."

"I heard there's a new professor." I said.

"Gilderoy Lockhart. He's right over there." He pointed.

Then I saw Harry and the Weasleys. "I'll be right back, Draco." I told him.

I went to Harry, who seems pissed. "You alright?"

"I'm fine- Y/N!" He hugged me.

"Hello Harry! Hello Ron." I said.

"Hello Y/N!" The twins said in unison.

"Fred! George!" I hugged them.

"Oh my gosh. You're Y/N Rosecharm." A voice said in awe.

I turned to see a girl that I think is a Weasley too.

"Oh no. Ginny will make a Harry Potter and Y/N Rosecharm fan club,"

"Together with Colin Creevy." Fred and George said alternately.

The girl named Ginny look down. "Shut up, you two."

"It's alright, Ginny. I hope that we'll be good friends." I said with a smile.

She gasped. "Really?!"

"Yes of course."

Then I heard a gasped. "Could it be? Well, it's Y/N Rosecharm, everybody!" A voice said.

I turned to see a man with blonde hair and a very cheeky smile.

"Gilderoy Lockhart." He introduced.

"Uh- hello, Gilderoy." I said.

Then he wrapped an arm around me then faced the cameras.

"Now do that pretty smile of yours. This is going to The Daily Prophet." He said then smiled at the camera.

I nodded. I don't smile much on cameras.

I flashed an awkward smile.

"Alright. That's enough." Draco said, dragging me with him.

"Draco! I'm glad you're here! I felt so uncomfortable around Gilderoy!" I said.

He smirked. "I'm glad I could save you from that oaf of a professor." He said.

Then he saw Harry.

I saw him rip a page from the book. Poor book.
He went down the stairs, his fingers still intertwined with mine. "Bet you love that didn't you, Potter? Famous Harry Potter. Can't even go the the bookstore without making the front page." He spat.

"Leave him alone." Ginny said.

"Oh look, Potter. You got yourself a girlfriend." Draco said.

"Draco." I hissed.

Then a hand held Draco's shoulder.

"Now now, Draco. Play nicely." There stood Lucius.

He noticed me.

"Oh hello there, Y/N. How is Draco treating his future wife?" Lucius asked.

There where gasps from Harry and the Weasleys.

I gulped. "Fine, Lucius. It's good to see you here."

"Mr. Potter," Lucius said to Harry. "Lucius Malfoy. We meet at last. Forgive me. Your scar is legend. As, of course, the wizard who gave it to you."

"Voldemort killed my parents," Harry said. "He is nothing more but a murderer."

"Hmm. You must be very brave to mention his name, or really foolish." He said.

"Fear of the name only increases the fear of the thing itself." Hermione spoke.

Lucius turned to her. "You must be Ms. Granger. Yes, Draco's told me all about you, and your parents. Muggles are they?"

Hermione continued to glare at him.

Lucius turned to the Weasleys. "Let's see, red hair, vacant expressions, tatty second hand books. You must be the Weasleys." He said.

Then Arthur came. "Children, it's mad in here. Let's go outside."

"Well, well. Weasley Sr."

"Lucius."

"Is it time at the ministry, Arthur? All those extra raids. I do hope they're paying you overtime, but judging by the state of this," he held Ginny's book. "I'd say no."

"I see you being a disgrace in the name of wizard if they don't even pay you well for it."
"We have a very different idea about what disgraces the wizard, Malfoy."

"Clearly associating with muggles," Lucius gave back Ginny's book. "And I thought your family could sink no lower. I'll see you at work." He said then Draco faced Harry. "See you at school." He sneered then turned to me. "Come, Y/N."

I turned to the Weasleys. "I'll explain everything to all of you later." Then left with Draco.