- T H I R T Y T H R E E -

3rd person's P.O.V

"I just wanna go home... Who even invented school in the first place?"
The young girl whined as she walked hand-in-hand through the hallways with her boyfriend. The older chuckled and turned his head slightly to look at her.

"Don't be so dramatic, baby."
She huffed and sent him a glare, trying to be mad at him which of course didn't last for too long.
"I just hate the first school day after holidays. Two weeks are just too short..."

"I guess every student feels like this, but just endure this day and everything is okay."
Minji sighed and gave him a small smile, his hand squeezing hers lightly. The couple then continued to make their way to her classroom since lessons were about to start anyway.

"Okay, we're here. I'll get going and see you at lunch?"
The younger girl nodded and leaned up to peck his cheek, causing Chan to chuckle softly. The couple then went separate ways and waited until lunch break would start.

- time skip -

"I don't feel like eating lunch today, hyung. Just go without me."
The older male scoffed and crossed his arms in front of his chest at the words of the younger.
"You seriously don't wanna see all of your friends just because of her?"

"Who said that?"
The older sent him a look of disbelief and scoffed once more.
"Oh come on, Jisung. It's obvious that you're trying to avoid her and Chan hyung. I get that you're hurt since she rejected you, but you can't leave your friends behind. Move on from her already. There are plenty of other people who'd like to have you as their partner."

"Yeah sure, Minho hyung. And who?"
Minho grabbed his hair in frustration and groaned, looking the younger straight in the eyes.
"You're so dense, aren't you?"
And with that he left the classroom, leaving Jisung behind in utter confusion.

- meanwhile -

"I hate school so much. Can't we just go home and continue having holidays?"
Everyone laughed at Hyunjin's comment and Minji agreed with him immediately. Chan next to her put his arm around her waist and pulled her a bit closer to him, smirking slightly as she gave him a look.

"Ah, Minho hyung~ There you are!"
Jeongin smiled brightly as he saw the older male walking over to their table, but everyone raised their eyebrows as they didn't see Jisung behind him. They usually, always, walk to lunch together.
"Where's Jisung tho?"

"He wanted to spend lunch break alone. There was no way I could convince him to join us here."
Minji frowned immediately as she heard this, knowing that she was the reason why a certain boy didn't wanna sit at the table with his friends. Especially with her around.

"I'll talk to him."
Everyone's attention was on her now as she stood up. Chan grabbed her wrist, but she only smiled down at him.
"Don't worry, Chris. I'll just talk to him, because we cannot not do anything to help and cheer him up. I gotta talk to him again anyway."

The older male sighed in defeat and let go of her wrist, nodding at her words. Minji smiled at the rest of the guys and waved them goodbye in case of her not returning since the break would end in a few minutes.

- short time skip -

Jisung rolled his eyes as he heard the door to the classroom opening again and sighed deeply.
"Hyung. If you're here to get me to eat lunch then you already know my answer. Classes start soon anyway so it's senseless."

"Nah, I'm not your hyung."
The boy's head raised at the sound of a female voice and his eyes widened as he saw the person that now stood in front of him.
"At second thought, I'm suddenly hungry. See ya, Minji!"

He hurriedly stood up from his chair and wanted to leave the classroom. But Minji was faster.
She grabbed onto his arm and stopped him from taking any step further. Her brown eyes looked at him in sadness and Jisung couldn't help but to stare right back.

"We seriously have to talk, Jisung. I don't like how you're avoiding all your friends just because of... Me."
Minji let go of his arm and sighed, too. The boy on the other hand nodded and turned his body around to face her better.

"I know... It's just hard for me, y'know?"
Minji looked at him with sad eyes and sat down on the seat next to his, causing him to sit back down as well.
"Jisung... I can imagine that this situation isn't easy for you, but I want you to move on. You deserve all the happiness in the world and I'm sure out there is someone waiting for you. Just don't loose hope and please forget about me. We're still friends, alright?"

The male let out a shaky breath and nodded, tears forming in his eyes. Minji looked at him in worry and grabbed his hands in both of hers, trying to make him look at her and calming him down as good as she could.

"I'm such a crybaby, my god."
He tried to let out a laugh to reassure her he was okay, but she immediately knew that it was fake. Minji sighed deeply once again and pulled him into a hug, catching the boy off guard.

"You're not, Jisung. It's okay to cry sometimes and I'm sorry for not returning your feelings. But I'm sure you'll find someone else. Someone's who's even better than me. I'm sure."
She rubbed his back gently and Jisung closed his eyes, enjoying the warmth of her body.

He was sniffling softly and it broke Minji's heart. She hated seeing other people sad, especially if it was because of her. Of course she felt bad for him, but there was nothing she could do about her feelings. She loved Chris and hoped that eventually a certain someone would build up enough courage to confess to the boy she was hugging ever so tightly right now.

"Thanks for everything tho and still staying by my side, Minji. I wish you and Chan hyung a lot of luck. You're made for each other. Even I say this."
Both of them chuckled and broke the hug, smiling at each other.
"So... Everything's fine between us again?"

"Everything's fine~"

•——————————————————————•

A/N:A certain someone, huh? Who could that be? 🥴🤚🏻

A/N:
A certain someone, huh? Who could that be? 🥴🤚🏻

Word count: 1083
Edited
Re-Edited