Chapter Twenty-Six

"Levi, with the loss of your first Special Operations Squad, you will need a new one... have you thought of possible candidates for your new squad?"

Ever since the death of his first Special Operations Squad, Levi has been asked by Erwin for his new squad. He had taken a lot of time to think about it, and had seen them in action and saw their dedication to their cause, they were still rookies, but with everything they went through, he knew that they were good enough for his new squad.

He gave the names of his new squad, the first couple had Erwin surprised, but the last name had him doubt a little.

"Are you sure about that?" Erwin asked.

"Yes." Levi said.

"I hope you're not deciding because of –"

"I've seen her fight, and from what I heard, she had ten kills and three assists during the Battle for Trost. I told you before, the reason why I'm taking her is because of her skill." Levi said.

"I'm trusting you that this won't compromise your priority of this mission."

Levi glared at Erwin.

"It won't."

~*~

Wall Sina

Sitting in his office, with his son standing by the window, waiting for what he was to say, Lord Reed continued on with what was to happen for the coming days, their move that could change everything.

"Rod Reiss is making his move, we could use this chaos to take her." Lord Reed said.

"So, you want me to take my men, engage battle with Kenny the Ripper and the Scouts and just take her?" Captain Reed said. "And as well as kill Historia Reiss? You ask too much, Father."

"You wouldn't have too much on your place if you have just done your job!" Lord Reed slammed his hand on the table. "It was simple, let the Rod Reiss' bastard be killed at the mission on retrieving Jaeger and make them believe that the girl is killed as well! If you have done that, then we wouldn't be having this problem!"

"The bastard was being protected by a Titan." Captain Reed said.

"Then you should've done everything in your power to finish the job."

"It was too risky, Scouts, Garrisons, and other MPs were there –"

"You graduated number one in your batch of cadets, and yet you couldn't think of a plan to finish the job..."

Captain Reed's jaw clenched, and his hands balled to a fist. He hated it whenever his father would go on about his failure.

"Well, there's nothing we could do about it now!" Captain Reed said. "We will still have time, and I can fix this."

"You better, or the death of your sister will be in vein."

Unknowing to the Reed family, Lord Reiss had his own plans. The nobleman knew to never trust Lord Randal Reed, and always suspect the worst from him. So, when he heard about Lord Reed's daughter has a child who joined the cadets, he knew that it was a threat.

"You won't just be battling the Scouts, but also Lord Reed's very own men." Lord Reiss said.

"Lord Reed?" Kenny said.

"Yes." Lord Reiss nodded. "And I need you to kill Lord Reed's granddaughter... Iris Reed."

~*~

One Week Later