Chapter 15

What's the one thing that annoys you the most?

Wedding day

Blair's POV

Staring at my reflection in the mirror, I couldn't help but sigh. "I'm getting married today," I whispered to myself as I looked at my appearance. We were already at the hotel where the wedding was going to take place.

To me, marriage is something sacred that unite two people who share an undying love for each other. It's definitely not what I have now and what my marriage with Cyen is even close to. I never knew that I would have to one day get married to someone that I have known for less than a month. I never thought that I would have to sacrifice myself in order to save my parents.

I definitely don't regret agreeing to this. I mean I will do it over again if it means that I am helping my parents.

I just thought that when I would be getting married, it would be with someone with whom I know I would want to spend the rest of my life with. I didn't think that when I will be going into a marriage, I will be having to face a divorce two years after.

"I'll get through this," I said to myself. At least Cyen is not as bad as I thought he would be. He is actually pleasant to be around.

I was briskly brought out of my reverie when I heard a knock on my door. The door then opened to reveal my mom. "You look beautiful, mommy," I said as I saw her all ready for the wedding. "Thank you, honey. You look amazing. I can't believe that you are getting married," she said as she started tearing up.

"No crying mommy. You are going to ruin your makeup," I told her as I handed her a tissue. "I am so proud of you, Blair. I am so grateful that I have you as a daughter," she said, making me feel emotional. "Mommy now you are gonna make me cry," I said as I started fanning my face.

She chuckled and placed a kiss on my forehead. "Honey, I know this marriage is not made of love but I want you to respect and treat Cyen as your husband," she said as she cupped my face. I nodded and gave her a smile.

The door opened again and Sarah came in followed by her 3 years old daughter, Marissa. "Oh no Aunt Elise are you making her cry," Sarah said. I chuckled at her statement. "Of course not," mom said as she laughed. "Uncle Blair, you are beautiful," Marissa said making me smile. "Thank you baby," I said as I pulled her into a hug.

"I don't know how I am even supposed to walk with this trailing behind me," I said as I got up from my chair. "Silly," Sarah said as she sat on the bed.

"You look amazing," she said as she looked at me. "Thanks," I said as I looked back into the mirror. "I can't believe that this is me," I said. "You remember how picky I was with this dress," I told her and she giggled. "It's your wedding dress so it was supposed to be perfect," she said as she fixed Marissa's hair.

 "It's your wedding dress so it was supposed to be perfect," she said as she fixed Marissa's hair

"I love your makeup as well, It's so natural," she said. "I like it too. I wanted for it to not overpower the dress," I said.