09 - the kind, honest, and straightforward boy

Tanjirō furrowed his eyebrows, still couldn't quite grasp the pieces of information he just heard.

"Moon stone..." he muttered slowly, a finger on his chin, sign of thinking deeply.

Chihiro nodded slightly, melancholy on her eyes. "I think that's the only reason why you could smell a scent of a demon, of Kibutsuji Muzan, from myself."

The burgundy haired young man looked down, staring hard at his laps. His hand formed a fist, digging his nail on it, leaving a deep scratch. Frustration and anger filled him. His teeth gritted hard. "How could him..."

Suddenly, with a serious expression he looked up, straight to his superior's face. "But, Chihiro-san, you're okay, right? How do you feel? Do you think there's anything strange with your body? Is there any permanent wound?—"

The said woman looked at him with widened eyes, shock on her features. His questions suddenly sound muffled on her ears. Her heart filled with warmth.

From Tanjirō, she felt a great deal of déjà vu. His image overlapped with none other than the Water Pillar.

A confused question on her head was the first to greet her when she woke up the first time after that day, her body a little numb and sore all over. Much to her shock, she woke up at the Butterfly Estate, the familiar scent filling her nose.

Her head filled with haze, could't comprehend what's happening, when she felt a warm hand hold her right, bandaged one

She looked at the calendar hanging on the wall. Two weeks has passed since she could remember. Usually, she would wakes up on two until three days, but never this long. It just shows how severe her wounds were.

She tried to sit up, struggling a bit. Her body full of bandages fron head to toe. When she succeeded, an intense pain could be felt from her back, a moan escaped her lips, the first voice she let out after a long time, realizing how hoarse she sounded. "Kh—!"

She felt the hand holding her twitched a little, making her looked to her right.

A pair of dark deep blue eyes met her pale violet one, the former widened. He brought both of his hand, taking hold of her hand, a look of worry etched on his face. Under his eyes, dark spots and thick bags could be spotted, signs of countless days of not succumbing to slumber.

"Chihiro, are you okay? How're you feeling? How is your wound. Do you feel pain anywhere?—"

Tanjirō still mumbling to himself, looking down at his own hands. He looked up once again, suddenly came to a halt. The sight he saw was truly something worth to behold, his cheeks flared red, eyes widened, and mouth agape.