Shino

The next two months consisted of me going out on dates and the Hokage freaking out- not that I blame him.

My first date was with Gaara. Kakashi-sensei decided to have me go on a date with him first because he was going back to the Hidden Sand the next day. We went to Ichiraku's, obviously, and spent two hours talking and eating. It was a blast. Plus, I learned that I made Chunin along with Sakura and Sasuke, which was great.

The second date happened a week later. I wasn't expecting Kakashi to get as into it as he did. That lazy, porn reader was actually enjoying playing matchmaker.

The next date was with Hinata. The poor boy fainted when he saw me in my girl form. I had to catch him and lay him down on the picnic blanket I had set up. When he finally woke up, he only fainted again. Not the best date in the world.

The third date happened two weeks after the previous. Or maybe I should say that it didn't happen. Kurama somehow got in touch with Kakashi, (I honestly don't know how... he's literally stuck inside me) and set up a date with Sasuke. The moment I saw him hold a bouquet of flowers, I left without a word.

The fourth date happened in the first week of the next month with Haku. He went all out and made a whole garden of ice flowers with rolling snow hills. We had a blast going sledding and having snowball fights. Haku even has a jutsu that lets him flavor his snow like a snowcone. By far, I had the most fun with him.

The last date happened two days before death day, or should I say today? The final date is with Shino. This one surprises me the most. I don't see Shino as the outgoing type, or the type to talk period.

I showed up outside of the BBQ hut in casual jeans, a tee-shirt, and of course, my mask. I rocked back and forth between my toes and heel as I waited for Shino. When he finally arrived, I almost gasped at how good he looked. He had on a nicer pair of shades on for starters. He also had a casual blue hoodie on that didn't cover his face for a change, and he also had on the ripped jeans from the time I pranked him and the other guys.

"You look nice," Shino stated, a small blush visibly on his face. Poor guy must be way out of his comfort zone. Kakashi must have forced him to come today. I highly doubt he likes me that way.

I scratched the back of my neck. "You look quite nice yourself, Shino."

Shino's face turned completely red then he walked me inside. The waiter was expecting us and walked us back to our table. We were sat down at a table for two and the grill in front of us began to heat up as we waited for the meat that we ordered. Shino and I sat in awkward silence as we waited for our food. I found myself staring at him as he looked around the room for a waiter. I saw things that I've never noticed before; the way he sits up straight, how he fidgets with his fingers when he talks, and how he always says, 'why is that?' as if he was justifying himself. The way I see it, he has a few self-esteem issues, which makes me just want to hug the 'esteem' right back into him.

Wait... I want to hug him? No... it's not that big of a deal. Gosh Naruko, pull yourself together.

Finally, our meat was brought to us and we began to put it on the grill, watching it sizzle in front of us. I finally decided to start up a conversation.

"Do you come here often?" I asked curiously. I watched him flip a piece of meat with his chopstick.

He nodded his head, then spoke, "My team comes here often. Mostly after missions." We sat in silence yet again, but Shino spoke this time. "So you and Gaara?.."

"What about me and Gaara?"

Shino flipped another piece of meat before he continued. "Don't you like him?" he asked cooly.

I looked a Shino, my mouth agape. Is he... jealous?

I began to snicker and tried to cover it up with my hand, but it was already turning into a full-blown laugh.

Shino's eyebrows creased. "What did I say? Don't you like him?"

I stopped laughing and began to think about it seriously. Do I like Gaara? Sure, I have this sort of connection with him, but is it romantic? I finally decided on my answer.

"No, I don't like him that way," I said, grabbing myself a ready piece of meat with my own chopsticks. "He's like an older brother to me."

"Oh?" he spoke, a small smile coming onto his face. "And what of Haku? Hinata?"

Haku I had to think about more. "I believe I liked Haku at first, but the more I got to know him, the more I can relate to him... making him more as a best friend, or partner in crime." I let out a sigh. "As for Hinata... he's just like the little brother I never had."

"And what of me?" Shino finally asked, the smile evident on his face.

I smiled. "You, I'm still deciding for."

{June 13, 2019}