Chapter 20: Fall of a star

A/N: Hello :) Please comment and vote if you love the chapter.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The number of the enemy was too much. All of the Elves had tried to stick to Niphredil's side, but the battle was harder than any other battles they had ever been in. So after a while, she couldn't see any of them. 

Niphredil was killing the Orcs as much as she could, but the eye of Sauron was always on her and that made her weak, but she was also happy about it. her presence was making Sauron distracted from what was happing right below his nose. Frodo could now move without his attention. There was a bad gash on her head which was bleeding and burning. "all of your loved ones will die." she heard Sauron's cruel voice in her head. She yelled and cut the head of two Goblins with one movement.

Suddenly she heard the cry of Nazguls and raised her head and saw Nazguls flying toward the battle. All hope died in her heart. She looked around. Their soldiers were dying around her. But then she heard another cry. She whipped around with new hope and looked at the sky. The Eagles were coming and in front of them, she could see a great Eagle with a golden collar around its head. Gwaihir. The Eagles came and they engaged with the Nazguls. 

Niphredil was forced to fight again. She was fighting when she felt great anxiety in her heart. Sauron's eye turned away from her. "No, Frodo!" said Niphredil under her breath. The Nazguls cried and flew toward the Mount Doom. Niphredil was nausea. Frodo had put the Ring on. An Orc attacked Niphredil and pushed her back. The Orc brought his sword down on Niphredil's head and she raised her sword in confront and their swords collided hard. The Orc was stronger than Niphredil and pushed Niphredil's sword downward and Niphredil's sword got pressed to her shoulder and cut it. she felt warm blood running down on her arm.

She cried and add more pressure and shoved the Orc backward and impaled it in its gut. Then something changed suddenly. The enemy stopped from fighting and they turned toward the mount Doom with fear. The war stopped. Niphredil saw the Barad-Dur and Sauron's eye on top of it. It was like he was Suffering but a great pressure had vanished from her heart. 

"Frodo! Sam!" She Whispered happily. They had succeeded. It was over. The Dark tower began to fall and the Eye of Sauron became smaller and smaller and suddenly it exploded and the tower destroyed. The Orcs and Trolls began to flee. An earthquake occurred and the land around the Black Gates subsided and took the Orcs with itself. The once strong battlements and towers of the Gate fell into an abyss.

As She gazed south to the Land of Mordor, it seemed to her that, black against the pall of cloud, there rose a huge shape of shadow, impenetrable, lightning-crowned, filling all the sky. Enormous it reared above the world, and stretched out towards them a vast threatening hand, terrible but impotent: for even as it leaned over them, a great wind took it, and it was all blown away, and passed, and then a hush fell, But as it was fading, Sauron's last wickedness took place. 

A short arrow, black as the naught was thrown from the shadow faster than wind and impaled Niphredil in her heart. The time stopped for Niphredil and an unbearable pain propagated in her whole body. It was like her body was parting. Her vision blackened and she fell into darkness. 

***

Finrod had tried his best to be at Niphredil's side all the time, but during the battle, he had lost her. A few minutes after Eagles' entrance, he found a time to look around he saw her fighting with a giant Orc. He opened his way toward her slowly, but then something happened. In the horrible time of despair, the Dark tower fell and their enemy fled. Sauron's dark spirit raised in the air and vanished in the wind. Everything had ended finally. 

He turned his head toward Niphredil happily to share this victory with his sister, but what he saw made him rooted in his place. Niphredil was clenching a black arrow which had been impaled her chest. And then she began to fall. "Niphredil!" he shouted at the top of his lungs and ran to her. As she was hitting the ground he reached her and grabbed her lifeless body in his arms and fell to his knees. The black arrow vanished in the wind.

"Niphredil! Niphredil! Noooooooo." he shouted toward the sky in terrible agony and pressed her to his chest. He had failed.

***

Legolas was fighting hard. He too had managed to have Niphredil under watch but lost her as well. Eagles came and Nazguls backed away. He saw Aragorn fighting with a troll. he had no chance in front of it. Legolas tried to open his way to his friend. The troll put his leg on Aragorn's chest and pinned him to the ground. It raised its sword to kill Aragorn but stopped when it felt his master's fall. The Barad-Dur fell and Sauron got destroyed. "finally!" whispered Legolas happily. 

"Niphredil!" he heard Finrod's desperate shouting and his heart sank. He whipped around and searched for Niphredil. He saw Finrod on his knees with Niphredil tightly in his arms. Finrod raised his head. "Niphredil! Niphredil! Noooooooo." shouted Finrod and the world stopped for Legolas. 

***

Miles away, in the newly ruined fortress of Dol-Goldor, Galadriel and Celeborn had stood side by side, gazing South at the direction of Mordor. Both knew that a great battle was taking place in front of the Black Gates, and their four grandchildren were there. Suddenly It seemed that a shadow passed from in front of the sun and they felt light-hearted for a moment. "The end of Mordor." Said Celeborn and Galadriel nodded, but both were worried somehow. A wind blew and brought with itself the smell of Niphredil's flowers. Sadness fell on their hearts like it was the last time they could feel that soothing and fantastic scent.  

"Just tell me it's not Niphredil, Galadriel." Said Celeborn quietly and in shock. Galadriel was silent for a moment because of great pain in her heart. "A star fell." she said and dropped her head. Hot tears ran on her face.