Epilogue

"Now is the winter of our discontent Made glorious summer by this sun of York." -William Shakespeare

***

*October 17th*

Red is an angry color. It signifies rage, blood, murder; all the things humans experience. It is the color of a soviet, a revolutionary, a radical.

Red is also a romantic color. It conveys love, sex, and, contradictorily to love, lust. It is the color of roses (some), hearts, fire. And tonight red is displayed as a romantic color.

In a hotel in Brooklyn, Harley stares at the wedding dress on the back of the bathroom door. It is crimson, long sleeved and lacy.

"I could never wear that," Natasha says.

Harley agrees. "Your hair would blend with it."

"It'll look great on you, though."

"I hope so."

"How does it feel? To be back home I mean," Natasha asks as she wraps a piece of Harley's hair around the curling iron.

"I dunno. I thought it would be a lot of déjà vu, but I haven't seen one thing that looks familiar," Harley admits. "I guess cities change as fast as people do."

Natasha nods, letting the piece of hair fall out into a perfect spiral.

"Thank you for doing this," Harley says, gesturing to her hair. "I promise I'll pay you back and help with your wedding."

Natasha grins and twists the ring on her finger. "I appreciate that, and I would love your help as long as you don't singe my hair off. I don't think Clint would appreciate that, nor would I."

"Yeah, I'll stick to decorations and such," Harley laughs.

Across the hotel and five floors down, Bucky and Steve reside in their room.

"Do you think my hair is too long?" Steve asks Bucky, running a hand through it.

"Dude, if anyone should be worried about their hair, it's me," Bucky answers, eyeing his own in the mirror.

"Your hair always looks good."

"Not true."

"Are you nervous?"

Bucky nods slowly. "I don't know why. Why am I nervous?"

Steve shrugs. "Is it cause we're home?"

Bucky shakes his head. "I'm happy we're home even though it's not the same. It must be something else."

"This is a really big commitment," Steve says.

Bucky doesn't hear him. "That's it! I'm not nervous for me, I'm nervous for her! What if something bad happens before the ceremony? What if she decides she doesn't want this? What if--?"

"Bucky, stop," Steve says. "She loves you, and she's not going anywhere. Neither are you. Just take deep breaths. She's fine. She's upstairs getting ready for you."

"I need to see her." Bucky starts for the door, but Steve stops him.

"No! It's untraditional to see the bride before the ceremony!"

"Untraditional? Steve, we're having our wedding on top of a skyscraper, why are you worried about tradition?"

Steve sighs. "C'mon, she's fine, I promise, just finish getting into your tux. You only have to wait another forty-five minutes."

"That's too long."

*******************

Steve gets a front row seat, reserved specially for him. Bucky and Harley chose not to have bridesmaids or groomsmen due to their lack of communications, but Bucky assured Steve that he has always been his best man, and proved it by letting him walk Harley down the aisle.