Chapter Three: Inhibition - Slow

Chloe's POV

"And well it took him 7 minutes, but yeah he wrote the cheesiest love song ever created! It was hilarious! We were laughing so hard I almost fell out of the chair, and then we laughed even harder at that.'

'Awww look at you two! So in love!' Lil gushes.

'Okay, yes I do love him. But I'm pretty sure he doesn't. I mean there is a stare here, a wink there, some innocent harmless flirting. But it's all in good fun, nothing serious. I'm pretty sure he doesn't have feelings for me. And you know what. I'm fine with that?'

'How can you be fine with that?' Cat asks.

'Because I get to be a part of his life for the next 3 months. And that is more than I could ever ask for. So I'm not gonna ask for more. I'm just satisfied with what I've got.'

'Again with this!' Lil sighs.

'Clo, you gotta let yourself be happy. It'll be okay.'

'No, it's not okay Izz! Because if I do, I'd only get pain in return. I don't need that. I'm good on my own. Anyway Pizza?'

I get that they're my best friends and they're just looking out for me and want the best for me. But I'm not gonna let them open the subject anymore. I don't need this. The last thing I need is them convincing me that he has feelings for me when he doesn't. There is no proof.

Halfway through the movie night, I get a new text from Niall.

'Hi. No meeting tomorrow. Maybe not even Monday. I'll text you a day in advance before our next session.'

'Alright. Everything's okay?'

'Yup. Just busy.'

'Okay.'

'What is it?' Izz asks me, I guess noticing the frown on my face.

'Not sure. Niall just texted me. We're supposed to be meeting tomorrow but he just texted me saying otherwise.'

I show them the text.

'Maybe something came up?' Cat suggested.

'Yeah, I'm sure he didn't just cancel for no reason!' Lil says.

'That wasn't my concern but it is now! I was thinking maybe someone got hurt or something. It's Sunday, he doesn't work on Sunday. But now you got me thinking he's just avoiding me! Did I do something wrong?'

'Unless you missed out on any details, not really. From what you've told us you were charming and funny and cute. There's literally no reason for him to want to avoid you! Don't worry about it, sweetie. I'm sure everything's okay.' Cat tries reassuring me.

Niall's POV

Shortly after Chloe left, I call up the lads to see if they want to come over and hang out, since I don't feel like going out. I finish the beer that I'm drinking and then switch to something stronger.

When Conor and Marty get here, they immediately start questioning it, slightly irritating me.

'Oof! What happened?' Marty asks.

'Nothing.'

'Didn't you say Chloe was gonna be here today? And you're cooking for her? What she didn't like your chicken?'

'It's not that. Just let it go guys. Let's just watch the match yeah?'

I turn my attention to the T.V., hoping they'd drop it. But of course, Conor doesn't. I know he has good intentions but talking about it right now is not gonna help me. Well, Marty knows me the longest. He knows that when I get mad it's best if I'm left alone. I don't want to be alone, but I just don't want them to question my mood, I just need a distraction.