"Are You Ready To Go Home?"

"What was she doing in here?" I growl, throwing an accusatory glance at Meghan.

"Hey, it's not my fault." Meghan snaps back. "Doesn't matter anyway, I made her leave."

"Cameron," my eyes snap to Amelia, who has addressed me for the first time. Her eyebrows are slightly furrowed and her frown is almost unnoticeable. "Wasn't that your mother?"

"Yeah." Starting to smile, I approach the bed. She didn't meet my mother until right before a few months before our engagement. "Babe?" I catch Megan staring at me as I lay my hand across Amelia's forehead. "Are you remembering something?"

She flinches when my skin touches her so I pull my hand back.

"I've seen her before... In pictures." She explains seeing Meghan and I's confusion.

Disappointment crashes down on me like waves on the beach.

Dr. Percy knocks before entering the room.

"Mr. James. Mrs. Hunt" He nods at me before Meghan. "Amelia."

"Dr. Percy," Meghan grabs the neurologists attention. "Amelia and I have had a conversation." She turns to Amelia, quirking her eyebrow.

"Doctor, please call me Mrs. James." I try to catch her eyes but her flushed face refuses to turn to me.

Dr. Percy smiles. "Mrs. James, that's a great step to recovering. I've actually just come to discuss your discharge."

"I can leave?" Amelia smiles softly. "Like go home?"

"Yes," Dr. Percy alternates glancing at Amelia and I. "Dr. Kingsley has no concerns about the baby and your injuries aren't concerning as long as you promise to take it easy."

I'm comforted by the way my wife's eyes brighten slightly at the idea of going home. Going home will help things be slightly more normal. We've been here for a week and I desperately need some sense of normality.

"I promise." She nods eagerly. "I'll call my parents to make sure they have a room ready."

What? "Um."

"What?" Meghan voices my thoughts. "Honey, no."

Amelia looks confused. "What?"

"Um, Mrs. James," Dr. Percy looks calm and collected, the complete opposite of me. I may be keeping a stoic facade on the outside but on the inside I'm shaking. "I would recommend going back to your normal routine."

Her brows furrow. "Um."

"Come home." I can't stay silent any longer. "With me please."

Wide-eyed she stares at me, paling slightly.

"In my professional opinion," Dr. Percy starts seriously. "that would be the best course of action."

The room goes silent as Amelia inhales deeply.

Isaiah comes into the room moment later, breaking the silence.

He shakes Dr. Percy's hand, greets Amelia, and kisses Meghan all before noticing the tension in the room.

"Um.  What's happening?"

"We're leaving to give Amelia and Cameron a second to talk." Meghan grabs Isaiah's hand before he can respond. Dr. Percy nods at me, following the two of them.

The silence in the room is deafening. Amelia refuses to look away from the door and she stiffens when I move to the chair next to her bed.

"Are you scared of me?" I ask, tired of being confused when she stiffens each time we're in close proximity.

She hesitates before shaking her head. "Not you specifically." She looks as if she has more to say so I learn forward, showing my interest. "It's more that this whole situation terrifies me."