vi. ( the hanscom residence )

MISSING!

THE RIDE TO the hanscom's residence was full of richie sending stan dirty looks and him saying some pretty offensive or inappropriate things.

upon their arrival, ben asked them to wait for a moment. he was probably cleaning up his room, the group thought.

when they walked into his bedroom, they were met with ben nervously smiling as he was pressed up against his closet and an entire wall full of things he researched about derry.

as the kids eyes roam around the room, they find many missing children. fortunately, melissa wasn't there. at times like these, she was grateful that her disappearance wasn't much of a big deal.

richie looked around the room in complete shock. ben noticed his expression and decided to comment on it. "cool, huh?" he asked with a smile.

richie's face contorted into a look of denial. "no, no. nothing cool..." he replied. the boys whole demeanor dropped, his smile close on its heel.

"oh wait, this is cool! nevermind― no it's not." he pointed. melissa rolled her eyes. talk about giving mixed signals.

"shut up," the brunette hit the back of his head before turning toward ben with a sweet smile. "i think this is really cool. especially that girl over there, she's cool."

melissa pointed to her best friend from 27 years ago. her smile fell once she realized why she was there. she also went missing. richie's eyebrows raise. "and hot."

her face altered from a sad look to a disgusted one. after an awkward moment of silence that, stanley chose to speak up.

"what's that?" the bird-loving boy questioned. he pointed out another thing that was put up onto the hanscom boy's wall.

"oh that? that's the charter for derry's township." ben answered. richie snorts. "nerd alert," he says for his own amusement.

melissa's face scrunched up at this. "what? you can't accept the fact that he's way smarter than you?" she had a smug look on her face, knowing that she was slowly getting under his skin.

richie didn't say anything so ben took this as a chance to continue speaking about the charter.

"actually it's very interesting. derry first started out as a beaver trapping camp." ben went on to further explain.

richie decides to "redeem" himself and make up another joke. "still is, am i right boys?" he held his hand up for stanley or eddie to high-five, only for stan to shake his head. eddie simply ignored him.

melissa moved herself to where she was close by to stan. in a whisper, she claims, "i feel bad for you guys." he looked at her, puzzlement smeared into his face. "why?"

"because you have to deal with that so often. doesn't it get the tiniest bit of annoying to you?" she asked.

as their conversation went on, they could hear ben's faint voice, only picking up what they thought was the most important.

"ninety-one people signed the charter that made derry, but later that winter they all disappeared without a trace." ben informed.