Epilogue

FOUR YEARS LATER

Rosé

"We need to take her to the doctors." I say, stepping out of the black Range Rover.

I hug Daniel's blazer around my body, my red dress, short and silky, billowing in the chilly November air.

"I'll make an appointment with Dr. Walker." Daniel holds my hand in his and walks us to the front door before unlocking it.

His white shirt clings to his body, his sleeves are rolled up with his veiny arms giving my libido a blessing and his tie is missing because...well.

The subtle rose tattoo on his inner wrist teases my eyes as I stare at our intertwined hands. I bite my lip, loving the way it's so delicately meaningful.

Entering his mother's house, I'm welcomed with warmth and a scent of cookies. The lights are on and but there's no sign of Arabella.

I walk into the living room and see all the toys and teddy bears. My eyes catch the photo on the fireplace and I'm smiling wholeheartedly. It's a photo of me and Daniel on our wedding day.

Daniel proposed to me after graduating college. To say that I was surprised would be the understatement of the century. When he got on one knee and asked me to be his forever, I bawled like a baby. I was so happy and overwhelmed with love.

I said yes in a heartbeat.

"Mom." Daniel calls out from the kitchen.

"You're back." Arabella's voice is a faint sound coming from the foyer so I got here and see her walking down the stairs with a huge box in her arms.

"Mom, what are you doing? Here, let me help." I rush over and help her carry the huge box which is rather heavy.

Daniel takes it from me, effortlessly carrying it to the dining table. She brushes her eyes over at me and Daniel, a warm, motherly smile dancing on her lush mouth.

"Did you two have a good night?" She asks.

I smile and Daniel smirks.

"More than good."

I nudge him as the blush paints my cheeks.

My mind flashes back to the mischief that took place in the restaurant elevator and his car. I bite my lip when I remember him tying me up in his car and touching me where I yearn for him.

Arabella laughs, clearly understanding Daniel's words. Daniel brushes past me and heads upstairs.

"I was clearing out the attic and found this box of Noah and Daniel's toys." Arabella speaks, a gentle hum in her tone as she remembers memories of her two sons.

I smile and pick up a blue teddy bear that has too much color on its yellow fur.

"Whose is this?" I ask, curiously.

"Noah's," Arabella smiles, "He used to color the fur every time he got yelled at. I guess he was angry and threw a tantrum by coloring this bear into a rainbow."

I grin, imagining an angry baby Noah, storming off to his room and letting his frustrations out on his poor bear.

I catch a pink stuffed bear. The pink color too innocent and pure.

"And this?"

"Daniel's, he never slept without it."

I gawk at her, a little amused, a little adored at the fact that an intimidating, broody Daniel had a pink, innocent stuffed bear. This just makes me love him even more.