Chapter 24

Rachel's POV

I unlocked and kicked open my door, "It's nice to be home!" I said to the empty house before the guys shuffled in, Rian and Jack racing to the bathrooms, in desperate need of a toilet. We all left our shoes and bags in the front hallway then went inside to relax. Sitting with all the All Time Low guys on the flight was sure interesting because of the variety of topics and dick jokes that were shared. Although I couldn't help but notice that Alex kept to himself quite a bit, looking out the window or writing stuff down on some paper.

Alex grabbed me by my waist from behind and threw the both of us down onto the couch so I was sitting on top of him.

"So this is your home now?"

I giggled thinking about it for a second and then nodded, "yeah, even though it hasn't been long, it is my home." We both looked up towards the bathroom door and saw Rian emerge from it, while Jack came back from the one upstairs. I looked over at the door and saw Alex's papers sticking out from the top of his backpack, "so what were you writing on the plane ride? You seemed really focused on whatever it was."

"Oh! I finished our last song. It just might be my favorite, too. You guys will hear it eventually..."

"Come on!! Now!!!" Zack whined and eventually, we all joined in begging to hear it. I leaned over to Alex giving him puppy dog eyes while still begging him along with the others.

"Pleeeease??" I said while grabbing his head and crashing our lips together. He tried to squish his tongue in between my lips and into my mouth before I moved away, "not now, tiger. We wanna hear the song."

Alex finally grabbed his acoustic guitar and papers with the words and chords written on them. And then, he played and sang one of the most beautiful songs I've heard. His voice accompanied by an acoustic was heavenly and I was just imagining this being done by the whole band.

"Are you kidding me?! This is the song! Let's get it recorded ASAP!" I literally yelled at Alex after he finished giving us an acoustic preview of the song, "Weightless".

The guys stayed at my house for the night, Rian and Zack in the guest bed, Jack on the couch in my upstairs lounge, and Alex cuddling close to me in my bed. 

"You know, I recognized a lyric in the song as something that I said to you yesterday...'maybe it's not our weekend.'" I said to Alex as we got settled in bed.

"Yeah...that was all that was missing. A good way to start the chorus...'maybe it's not my weekend, but it's gonna be my year'"

Soon enough, I found myself humming Weightless in my head as I drifted off in Alex's arms.

——————

The next day went flying by. I drove myself and the band to the studio and we practically ran inside to get Weightless recorded and edited. I had never worked so fast in my life and within 6 hours, the song was done. 

"Do you know what this means?!" Jack exclaimed. We all looked at him silently waiting for him to continue, "WE'RE DONE THE RECORD!!!" He yelled once again grabbing all of us in a group hug.

"Okay, who stinks??" I asked when I smelt some sort of odor.

We all backed away from our hugging position and Rian took an extra step back, "sorry! I sweat when I get really into the drums!"

Alex, with pure excitement in his voice then said, "I'm getting some champagne to celebrate!"

——————

*1 month later*

Alex's POV

"Rach! You seen my shoes?" I yelled to Rachel who was god knows where in my house with the dogs. She was such a child when she played with them.