Potions

5:00 am. Katherine woke up extra early to make a good first impression. She wanted to look fresh and awake. She got out of bed and slowly made her though the dark room into the bathroom. Katherine put on her slytherin uniform, a pair of back kitten heels, and kept her hair down. She quietly made her way out of the common room.

The sound of her heels clicking against the cold stone floor could be heard from a mile away so she took them off. Her feet were going numb but she ignored the strange feeling. Katherine froze when she heard footsteps coming from behind her. She turned around and saw that is was no other than Tom Riddle.

He gave her a odd look and said " what are you doing, wandering the halls this early?"

" oh umm... I was just class hunting. What are you doing wandering the halls this early in the morning?" Katherine replied.

His face turned into a dark expression. " nothing that concerns you. Why aren't you wearing any shoes?" He asked noticing her bare feet.

Katherine awkwardly laughed " shoes are to mainstream." She replied.

I did it again, didnt I?

" mainstream? I don't understand" he said getting a bit annoyed.

"Yeah... you know, transfer student slang. Kay bye!" She said and fast walked into the great hall. Katherine sat down onto the slytherin table bench. A plate full of food appeared in front of her but she was in no mood to eat, she wanted some answers.

When students stared to make their way into the great hall, Katherine stood up and made her way to her first class; potions with Slughorn. She arrived 30 minutes early, so the class was empty. Katherine took a seat at the front of the class, took out her journal and began to write about her mission. She was interrupted from her writing when she heard the class room door open and in walked professor Slughorn.

" oh my, you must be miss Sloan! What a pleasure it is to meet you." He said with delight.

" the pleasure is all mine sir." Katherine replied.

" my, my, you are a early bird aren't you? Class doesn't start for another 15 minutes. Tom is usually the first to arrive." He chirps. And as if on cue, Tom walks in through the door.

Professor Slughorns face lights up. " Tom m'boy! I was getting to know miss Sloan here, have you two met?"

" yes" he replies and then looks over to Katherine " I see that you have hunted you're classes successfully."

No thanks to you

" yes, thank you for all the help." She says sarcastically.

Tom just looks at her with a blank look.

"I will be right back" says professor Slughorn as he leaves the class room.

Tom takes a seat behind Katherine. " so what's your story?" He asks

Katherine panics a bit but doesn't turn around to look at Tom. " I transferred from another school because I wanted a change."

A long silence

"I doubt that's all" he finally says.

Katherine smirks and looks at him.

" that's all I'm going to tell you" she says.

He keeps his blank expression " why is that?"

Katherine turns her face back to the front of the class room " because I don't tell creepy strangers my personal information, haven't you ever heard of stranger danger?"

Tom chuckles " you think I'm creepy? Most girls think I'm charming and handsome." He says, still laughing a bit.

Katherine turns around and examines him head to toe and turns to face the front of the class again. " I've seen better " she says.

Tom just smirks. The professor walks back into the room and a group of students find their seats.

A girl with a pug face runs up and sits next to Tom.

Definitely related to Pansy

The rest of the students pile into the class. " welcome to potions! Stand up and gather round the table here" professor Slughorn says. Everyone stands up and walks up to the front of the class.

"Today we will be making a love potion, one of the most dangerous potions in the world"

A couple girls squeal.

" I would like a volunteer to tell us what they smell."Slughorn says as he lifts the lip from the pot.

Every girl raises their hands except Katherine. Professor Slughorn searches the room and his eyes land on Katherine.

" how about you miss Sloan? C'mon just tell us what you smell." He says signalling Katherine over.

Oh no

Katherine slowly makes her way to the front desk. She leans down and smells the potion. " I smell lemon cupcakes, dark roast coffee and..." She snaps out of the potions affect. " and something else" she says and quickly makes her way back to her spot, blushing.

Slughorn looks at her surprised. " I'm impressed! It's extremely difficult to snap out of the potions affect. 20 points to slytherin!" He beams.

" now for partners, Parkinson and Potter, Malfoy and Weasley..."

The list goes on for awhile " and finally Riddle and Sloan."

Katherine doesn't look at him, she just walks over to a table and begins the potion without using the potions book for ingredients and instructions.

" I see that you have also experimented with potions" Tom says ,taking a seat next to Katherine.

"Yes, it's quite fun." Katherine says smiling and stirring the potion.

"My turn" he says and pushes the pot closer to him. " what did you smell in the potion?" He asks casually.

" I already told you that I don't tell creepy strangers my personal information." Katherine says smiling.

He chuckles again. " I am not a stranger anymore, I am your potions partner."

" yeah, my creepy potions partner." Katherine says trying to hide her laughter.

His face turns annoyed. " I am not creepy." He says in an annoyed voice.

Katherine laughs at this. " whatever helps you sleep at night."

Tom keeps his annoyed expression on his face.

30 minutes later. Slughorn makes his way through the class giving disappointed looks at the potions. He walks up to our potion and his face lights up. " OUTSTANDING! It's perfect! 30 points to slytherin. The only pair to get an O." He walks back to the front of the class room " class dismissed he says and everyone makes their way out into the hall.

Katherine walks out the door with Tom close behind her. Someone elbows Katherine " Stay away from my Tom! He's mine!" Parkinson yells.

Katherine bursts out laughing, it always pisses her enemies off. " he's all yours." She says and walks to her next class.