Chapter 13. Aftermath

Behind the most beautiful eyes, lay secrets deeper and darker than the mysterious sea.

~yld

Ariana's POV

The pain isn't even remotely close to what I thought. Every inch of my body was hurting like hell. Daniel wasn't making it easy for me either.

The moment Daniel sunk his fangs into my neck, he had turned into a completely different person. It was as if a beast has possessed him. He was taking big gulps and drinking greedily without thinking about my condition.

Instinctively, I tried to push him away not being able to bear the pain but he held me in a tight grip. At this rate, I don't even know whether I'll survive this.

Even if I'm a werewolf, I do need blood to survive. Without even a drop of blood in my system, I'll dissipate.

My eyelids felt heavy until finally darkness took over.

Daniel's POV

Everything within me ached. Ached for blood. Blood to quench the immense thirst.

This is what happens when you're a hybrid. You start becoming bloodthirsty to satisfy your vampire needs along with the werewolf side. Though, you can control this thirst by having blood once in a while.

But in my case, it's entirely different. I'm not like any other hybrid whose turned on a full moon under various rituals. My whole transformation was against nature's every possible law. And with forbidden transformation comes various of consequences.

I was a royal werewolf at first just like Ariel. But one day, I took a decision which probably caused me my life. Since there wasn't any other option to keep me alive, Evan, my friend and also the Vampire king, turned me into a vampire while I was still a werewolf. It surely did save me but I turned to a hybrid.

A hybrid with control issues. Initially, I had a lot of bloodthirst and also higtened emotions but it subsided with time as I got used to it. But when it is full moon, the beast inside me awakens. The thirst becomes so uncontrollable and the urge to shift becomes ten fold only that I am not able to shift which causes all the more pain. All the bones in my body start twisting, trying to shift while my throat hurts to no extent.

These sufferings can only stop if I drink blood but I don't trust myself on this day. On full moon, I become so blinded by thirst that I don't know how many people I would kill to quench that thirst.

So, I tie myself up with heavy metal chains and lock myself in a room. Usually, Ariel would be there for me, checking on me once in a while and getting me stored blood. I didn't trust myself around Ariel either but I know that when time comes, she's a lot more powerful than she potrays herself to be. She's the queen for a reason.

The only time I remember when I felt at peace and this pain reduced was when I was with Kiana. But since the day she betrayed and rejected me, the pain became ten fold stronger. It works on my emotions or how I feel according to Claire, a powerful royal white witch who's also Evan's cousin and my best friend.

Sadly, this time around Ariel had to leave and I was on my own until....

I snapped out of my reverie as everything came rushing back to me.

Ariana asking me whether I was okay. She offering her blood. Me refusing it. Then she bit on her wrist and when I still didn't make a move she....

Kissed me?