02. FORMAL INTRODUCTIONS

CHAPTER TWO
[FORMAL INTRODUCTIONS]

If it wasn't for Molly's werewolf abilities masking the pain, she'd be wailing in despair right now

Her eye lids felt heavy as she struggled to open them, cold concrete against her skin as her weak bones tried to sit herself up. Wherever she was, it was dark. If it wasn't for the streetlights our the window, and the neon 'open' sign, it'd be pitch black.

It took her a couple seconds to recall where she was, and how she got here— so when she did. She quickly tried to get to her feet, but was stopped as metal chains wrapped around her wrists made her fall back to the ground.

Her heart began fluttering quickly as she looked around at the man who'd put her in this situation. A very small bit of her was almost relieved, this stranger meant that they were no longer in the parallel universe.

But panic quickly kicked back in as the image of him raising a rock to slam against her head replayed in her mind. The lack of empathy in his eyes scaring her the most.

Molly pulled against the chains, grunting slightly as they rubbed against her skin. They were connected to a thin iron column in the middle of the room. She continued to tug as she took in her surroundings. The chains only reminded her of how she bound herself to walls during full moons, alone and scared.

No one else seemed to be here, and if she could just get out of these chains— she could make a run for it. She could tell she was still in Mystic Falls, her captor thankfully hadn't taken her too far.

As her restrained hands were behind her back, it was difficult to see if there was a way to worm her way out. Molly leaned around her shoulder, frantically trying to squirm her way out from the restraints.

A quiet bell rang. A bell like someone had just walked into a storefront.

Molly froze in place, not daring to turn around at the fear of facing her captor again— facing those empty eyes. She just froze, feeling his strong presence fill the room.

"Good, you're up." He says, in a chirpy voice that made Molly cringe. He wasn't close to her, and by the sound of it, he was shuffling through a paper bag of some sort. Molly clenched her jaw in fear as her mind raced with what could be in that bag. A gun? A knife? Molly frantically tried to pull on her restraints, filling the room with sounds of chains changing against each other. "You can stop trying to get out of those. I wolf-proofed them myself." He says, she could feel him smiling to himself.

Her stomach dropped, how did he know she was wolf? Molly slowly turned around, her heart beating quickly. She met his face again. He was nonchalantly going through the cabinets of whatever place they were in, a bar maybe? He hasn't noticed she'd turned around.

She examined his face, she'd never seen him before. Not once.

The man glanced up and met her eyes, sending her a quick smile before grabbing the paper bag off the bar and walking over to her. Molly's eyes widened and she begin to frantically pull on the restraints as he got closer. She looked like a fish out of water as she flailed her arms around in a panic.