(30): Reminder

"Dude, Winnie knows ab-"

"I know" I interrupt harshly "You guys also didn't hesitate in throwing me under the bus"

"We couldn't lie to her" Nick defends.

"You guys didn't even have to mention Chelsea-Anne's name though" Kyle comes to my defense "I would have been perfectly okay taking the fall for everything"

Aww. That's kind of cute.

"She knows it happened at Betty's party and she knows that Chels saw" Kat says, trying to go over her summaries.

"We're sorry Chels but we had no choice" Nick apologizes softly.

I sigh "Well is she mad at you guys? Or just Kyle and I?"

"Just y'all" Nick answers awkwardly.

"Wow" I sigh.

Kyle sighs too "Typical Winona"

"You guys did tell us not to tell her even though we wanted to" Kat mutters accusingly.

I narrow my eyes at her irritated.

"Babe. Now's not the time" Nathan says.

She rolls her eyes "Whatever. I'm writing in ten minutes so I have to go. We'll speak when I'm done"

She can be so insensitive sometimes.

"Ignore her" Nathan excuses.

"Don't worry. I'll speak to Winnie. She probably needs time to cool off" Nick reassures looking at Kyle and I.

"Yeah, dude, whatever" Kyle murmurs.

"Well, I also have to get going now" He says walking away "Bye. We'll speak later"

"Bye" I mutter.

"Why'd you even come, dude? You're not writing today, remember?" Nathan reminds his friend.

"I had to drop off Chelsea-Anne" He says.

"I could've asked Nick to come pick me up if I knew you weren't writing" I excuse meekly.

He waves me off "It's fine"

"Wow..." Nathan drags, watching us.

I give him a puzzled gaze "What?"

He laughs "It's weird seeing you two not fight. So very weird"

"Dude, really?" Kyle deadpans dryly.

"We're friends now" I inform an amused Nathan "Didn't you know?"

He shakes his head "Nope"

"Well you do now so shut up" Kyle says.

Nathan just laughs "Okay, friends"

"What's with the tone, mister?" I accuse.

"Nothing. Just, you two can't be friends. You're polar opposites. Either you're gonna end up dating or go back to being enemies"

What?

"We can too be friends" I defend loudly.

He snorts "Okay. I'm giving you guys two months for either of these scenarios to happen"

I nudge Kyle "Can you believe this guy?"

"He's annoying" Kyle shakes his head but he looks kind of amused "So, what makes you think Chelsea-Anne and I can't be friends?"