Fate?

Cara grabbed my shoulders and locked our eyes. "You have to tell Alex."

I stepped back from her and leaned aging the sink counter. "Is that crazy woman still in high school? Geez, what a shitty thing to do."

"You're going to tell him right?"

"It's tempting."

"Tempting? Ana he has a right to know. You can't keep this from him. Set your feelings aside and tell him."

"What if he doesn't believe me?"

"Of course he would believe you."

I laugh. "And you know that for sure?"

"Yes."

"How?"

"Because he loves you."

"He also loves Ainsley."

"Yeah right. Who could love someone like her?"

"Alex can."

"Doesn't matter. He still has a right to know. Whatever he does afterwards is up to him."

Damn it. Why did I have to hear Ainsley. "How exactly am I supposed to tell him anyways?"

"Just go up to him and say, Ainsley's a fucking liar. Your son is actually not your son," Cara smiles mischievously.

I gently push her shoulder. "I am not saying that," I rolled my eyes.

"Why? It's all true."

"I'll think on it," I say.

"What's there to think about Ana?" Cara asked exasperated.

"I just don't know. Give me a minute to let this sink in." I was happy Alex didn't have a child with Ainsley but I also have this feeling in the pit of my stomach that I can't explain. Fear? Guilt? I don't know.

"Fine, lets go back out. I'm sure the auction has started."

That auction had begun and I spotted Alex across the room. And of course Ainsley was sat beside him. Alex was occupied with something on his phone as the auction went on. I kept glancing in his direction. I wasn't paying any attention to what was going on around me. I couldn't.

I decided to leave the room for some fresh air. As I moved outside there were a few others chatting and drinking amongst themselves quietly. I leaned on a Pilar and stared up at the night sky. All of this is just insane. None of this makes any sense.

"Anastasia?" A strange voice called my name.

I turned to see a man in his late twenties maybe. "Yes?"

"I'm Thomas Heart," he stuck his hand out for me to shake.

"Uhhh. Hello," I say awkwardly.

"You're much prettier in person," he stated blatantly.

How does this guy know me? "Thank you. I'm sorry, how do you know me?"

The man ran his hand through his dark wavy hair and sighed. "From Alexander. You are his fiancé. Everyone in the business knows Alexander and most likely know of you as well."

"Oh right. Well actually I'm not his fiancé anymore....so...."

"Oh yes sorry my bad. That's actually why I'm here tonight."

"What?" I questioned.

"Well you see, I'm here to take my wife back."

"Your wife?"