(40) sunroom

If you didn't read the updated version of the last chapter, I highly recommend doing so

Clark's POV

"Don't be a bloody twat."

"Stop hitting me, you prick!" Dean snapped at me, rubbing the back of his head in pain.

"Then stop elbowing me!" I shot Dean a glare.

"I'm not doing it on purpose!" Dean defended himself, but seconds after I felt a sharp pain in my midsection.

"You did it again! I swear to god I'll murder you!" I harshly elbowed Dean back.

It was pretty obvious that we were getting frustrated with one another. After a torturous flight a few nights before, a painstakingly slow day at my fathers headquarters, and an incredibly bumpy car ride, Dean and I were less than happy campers.

We were both pretty agitated after the long days we had just spent at the Ellington & Winslow headquarters, being carted around and shown how to work a multibillion dollar law firm. While Dean was hiding in the back room reading countless law cases and stuffing his face with biscuits, I was forced to follow my father's assistant and made to sit in on the meetings amongst executives and partners.

We hadn't even seen our father yet.

The almighty Jasper Ellington had more or less blackmailed his two sons into dropping whatever they were planning on doing to travel to London and learn about his stupid law firm, and he had yet to make an appearance.

He's a man known to keep his priorities straight, so you must know how important Dean and I were to him.

A sharp pain on my thigh brought me back to my current situation, being stuffed in a town car next to Dean.

I shot him a glare to which he responded with an innocent shrug. "It's not my fault the driver is terrible."

"Remind me again as to why we have to go to this dinner?" I groaned, staring at the blurring scenery. I can't say that I didn't miss England, because this was my home. But saying that I missed the people would be the grandest lie of all time.

"Because we haven't seen mother since August. And the last time we saw Fin was in June before she left for Belize."

"I could go another few months without seeing them." I shrugged, before looking to the driver. "Are we here yet?"

"Just about, Mister Clark."

"Patience is a virtue." Dean scrunched his nose up at me. How he was my brother, I have no idea. We were completely and utterly different in looks and personality, he even had a different accent than me.

Before I could dwell on my thoughts for too long, I got another sharp hit on my arm.

"This time it was on purpose." Dean shot me a grin, "We're here, come on."