Thirty Three

Benjamin text Noah's that he's on his way to his car. He quickly stops at his locker to grab his homework.

Kiara, Zoē, And Hayley all walk up to him. Kiara smiles, leaning against the lockers surrounding it. "Hey, Benjamin".

Benjamin rolls his eyes and closes his locker. He shoves his phone into his back pocket. "I have to go. Noah is waiting on me".

"He can wait a little longer. We wanted to talk".

"About what, Kiara? How my two best friends screwed me over for an average looking guy? Or how you guys keep showing up unannounced to my house like fucking stalkers?"

Zoē rolls her eyes, "It's not unannounced, your mom lets us".

Benjamin turns to her, "Yeah because every single time you guys come up with some bullshit ass crisis going on and how much you need my help".

Hayley chuckles, "But..aren't you the one getting frustrated? I mean, crying and yelling at your mom..l-like you did last night...remember?"

Benjamin blushes as Kiara and Zoē begin to laugh. "Wow! You really are a pussy. Crying? Like a little girl? Jeez, sensitive little pup, huh?"

"Leave me the fuck alone". Benjamin turns to walk away when he feels someone grab him.

"We're not done with you". Benjamin pulls his arm away from Kiara.

"What did I ever do to you?"

"You took away Caleb and Jackson. They joined your little pity party. They were our friends first!"

"You were my friend first! My best friend! What about that, huh?" Benjamin backs away and walks off to Noah's car. He wipes his tears and shakes his head.

Once he got there, he gets in the passenger's seat, throwing his bag in the backseat. Noah looks over, setting his phone in his lap.

"Hey...what's wrong, babe? What happened?"

Benjamin shakes his head, looking down. "I'm so tired of them. All of it".

"Oh, baby. It's okay...it's okay..look at me".

Benjamin looks up, smiling with a face full of tears. "Awe, Hermoso, don't cry". Noah wipes his tears, "It's okay".

Benjamin nods, "I just wish they'd leave me alone".

Noah leans in and kisses him once. "I know, baby. I know. I'm gonna do everything I can to help, Alright?"

Benjamin smiles and nods, "Thank you".

"Of course. You wanna go grab something to eat?"

"Yeah. That sounds nice".

Noah nods, "Okay. We can get whatever you want". He leans in and kisses him once.

**
Noah has dropped Benjamin off at home after they had gone to eat. He seemed to be in a better mood.

Now, Noah was with his dad, driving to the barbershop.

Noah's dad chuckles, "I remember the first time sitting in the passenger's seat with you. All I remember is saying, Antes de morir, vamos a comer un poco de asopao"

(before we die, we're gonna eat some asopao, which is stew, gumbo, or rice soup. it's really good btw!)

Noah chuckles, "We haven't had asopao in a while".

Mr.Martinez nods, "That's cause abuelita makes it the best. We won't disrespect her recipe".

"Now I want some. I want some traditional ass Dominican food".