16.5 Protecting What Is Important

Protect the Empress!

No matter what happens, protect Lang Yuan!

[A/N: In reference to the very first phrases of this book. See chapter one for details].

JiDan wiped off the blood that flowed down from the open wound that he received above the right part of his eye. This rendered his right eye to close reflexively making his right eye blind. Whenever he tries to blink it open, the wound will tend to flow more blood coloring the surroundings red. He had used a lot of healing spells but it can't cure deep wounds. He can only close it temporarily.

The young dragon, however, remained standing despite the wound. Actually, this is not the only wound that he received. There are a lot more scratches on his arms and legs; his left arm is actually fractured while a bone is already sneaking out from his left knee. Still, the young dragon held on his place as if all of these injuries are just small.

If ever someone would see the state this person, nobody would be staring and will help him very quickly. The injuries on his body are fatal and might cause a permanent damage on his system. But JiDan persisted to stand. In order to set the things right, he has to contain all the suffering and stand up. His mother is weak. If he will fight, who will?

Dong Wei watched the dire state of the young dragon. Just by seeing his wounds made him feel pleasure. With his power, one flick is enough to blow JiDan away. But will that fulfill his satisfaction? No! It seems that killing this young one in one strike is charity so he didn't want to do it. Also, he wanted to make JiDan feel the feeling frustration before a powerful enemy.

He wanted him to lose hope, to die with a heart filled with despair.

It is only on that way that he could satisfy the greed inside his heart.

After a series of attack and defense, both of the sides earned some damage but obviously one side is already winning. The difference on their power is evident since experience is a great factor when it comes to close combat.

Even though JiDan is already strong, he is still lacking the experience needed to defeat Dong Wei. Maybe after a few years he could be a match to Dong Wei, or actually surpass him. But now, there's no way that he could defeat this person single handedly. This is the weakness that made JiDan feel so weak and inferior before Dong Wei.

"Oh? You're still fine?" Dong Wei asked as he leaned beside a tree. The lazy appearance made it look like he just arrived on the scene. "Not giving up?"

JiDan spitted the red blood from his mouth as he smirked. He wiped the wet fluid on his forehead again as he panted. His body has already surpassed the normal strength of a dragon on the same age yet he still has the stamina to fight. He looks at Dong Wei with eyes filled with dancing fire.

"What? Are you tired already?" JiDan responded. "If you wanted to rest then just say so. I would oblige and kill you."

"Kill me?" Dong Wei laughed. "You think you can kill me in that state? You must have been taking drugs to think that you can kill me."

"You think that I can't? Don't underestimate me so quickly. You've never seen what things I can do," JiDan said while mocking.

"Things that you can do?" Dong Wei said flatly as he looked at JiDan. In one pulse, he suddenly teleported before JiDan faster than a second could get. He gave a warm smile filled with a sweet nectar to the young dragon and said, "Want me to show you what you can only do?"

JiDan widened his eyes when the other person appeared before him. His senses have been alert in the maximum but he didn't notice Dong Wei move. Actually, he didn't even feel any fluctuations coming from the air and there is no sound of the ground being grazed. Dong Wei just appeared like a flash of camera - with a shot, everything is taken.