three

Please vote and comment!!

I Found Myself High in the Night Air, Soaring Through the Storm Clouds

- The Paladin Prophecy by. Frost, Mark

Chapter Three.

Taking the last tin of lasagna, I walked out of the kitchen so the other Pack women can take it to dining room and act like they cooked it.

I enter Xav's room, carrying a small plate [of the cooked meal] and a tall glass of water with me. "Knock, knock." I say as I enter with a soft smile.

"Hey Kai, come on in. I just finished my homework," Xav says as he closes his spiral notebook. "Thanks for helping me study before my test yesterday, your notes helped me a lot." Nodding, I place the glass and plate in front of him. I smile warmly at him, feeling glad that I helped him with his homework. 

"Hey Kai. Do you wish you could go to school again?"

I freeze for a second at his question, before softly replying, "Yea, I do, but I can't. I don't have the time to go to school and finish all of my chores." He frowned at my answer. He opens his mouth to speak, but I cut him off. 

"Xav, finish your lunch please," I plead with him.

He sighs but nods his head anyway. "But-" he says "You have to eat with me." Raising an eyebrow, he glares playfully at me, a smile on his face as he bargained with me.

I give him a smile in return and eat some food with him. When he finishes eating I get up.

"Okay, bedtime."

He pouts, "But Kaaaii! I'm 9 years old now. I don't need a bedtime."

"Yeah, that pout backs up your statement." I tell him laughing. His pout droops even more, "Okay, okay, my little man time to go to sleep"

"I love you Kai, I wish you were my sister." He whispers.

"Me too, handsome." I whisper back, "But I thought I already was."

"You are. We're just making this official now though." he said smiling at me. I close Xav's door behind me softly after I give him a peck on the cheek.

Heading down the hallway half blind, I did not notice anyone was in front of me. I collide with a hard chest almost falling to the ground, although an arm wraps around my waist and holds me to a warm chiseled chest.

Tingles erupt from our touching bodies. We both gasp and look into each other's eyes.

His eyes are a light gray that look as though they are staring into my soul. His skin is a light tan that makes him glow. Dark brown hair sits tousled onto his head. His light pink lips are full and parted and look so soft and moist that they sing to me.

"Mate," we whisper together, his voice dark and masculine. The only one thing that ruined the moment for me, is that my mate is Leo Alexander. His arms tighten, bringing me flush against his bare chest.

"Mine," He mutters. 

Using his index finger, he lifts my head so our eyes meet. I feel so warm, and the touch feels so right. Lowering his head to my ear he begins sucking on my earlobe. I let out a moan, which makes him smirk against my skin. He pushes me against the wall and starts to intoxicatingly kiss down my neck and to my chest.

He begins to lift my shirt and I feel like I am on cloud nine. For the first time, I feel alive. Trailing his hands down my back, he lifts me up, wrapping my legs around his lean muscular waist. He opens a door and suddenly I am on a soft bed.