Ch 36 - the labratory

Minato POV-

"This is highly disturbing.." I said staring out into the big room filled with empty containers, with shattered glass that was emitting a green, almost toxic glow.

Obito didn't know the exact hideout Tenzou was left in so we were currently checking 1 out of 3 of the only ones it could possibly be.
We had already checked the two other hideouts without succes.

"What was he doing here?" I asked, more to myself than anyone else.
To think Orochimaru played us like this, doing this behind our backs..

"You already know...human experiments..name any kind, he did it.." obito told me.

Yes I did know.
I had read a report given to me by the third hokage when asking for permission in scouting the areas where we knew Orochimaru had done suspicios work.

In truth i didn't like this.
It was true that we were trying to save a little kids life, a kid that would apparently grow up to become a big asset to our village.
But I had lied to the hokage, telling him we were only scouting the area to find clues to where Orochimaru could've gone, not investigating one of his laboratories.

"Well I do not think he is here.." I said.
I was worried, a child left in a place such as this couldn't last very long, so it was important to find him fast.

"Orochimaru is smart and sly..he's a snake, he doesn't leave all his best toys out in the open" obito said calmly and started to glide his hands over a wall to my right.
"Please be a secret door, please be a secret door!" He frantically whispered, and when one of the bricks was pushed deeper into the wall a hole appeared in the wall, forming a door.
Obito's reaction being-"Yay!"

And without further ado obito walked through the new entrance.

From where I was standing I couldn't see what was inside.
But obito's reaction reached my ears very clearly.

"Oh you've got to be kidding me!"

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

I currently held a unconscious and very cold little boy that Obito had confirmed to be the one we were looking for.
He had been behind the secret door, and the reason for obito's outburst was the state the poor boy was in.

He had been laying in a broken container only half pulled up with liquid, and he was surrounded by broken glass that seemed to have been part of the container.

He was whimpering due to the cold of being out of the liquid that I hoped was just water.

"It's gonna be ok.. we got you" I said and brought him closer to me in an effort to give him some warmth.

"..he's just very unnourished, and dehydrated. We need to get him back to the village hospital, he needs an IV" Rin said, she had been checking him over for injures and what else since we found him.

Though it wasn't good I was relieved that he wasn't hurt, especially with all the glass shards he had been laying around.

"Then let's do that..honestly I can't wait to get out of here.." Kakashi said, and I'm sure we all thought the same.
...maybe with the exception of Obito..

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

We had made it back to the leaf, and I was alone in the hokage's Office.
Well...the hokage was obviously Here too, so not all alone.

"The boy does not seem to belong to Konoha..we must fund our if he has family in nearby villages"

"He should wake up soon, maybe he'll know"

"Yes perhaps"

Then there was a moment of silence.

"Lord Hokage.. I do have to ask, what will happen to him if he didn't have any relatives to return to?"
Of course I knew he didn't, obito had made that clear.

"Then I will take responsibility for my student's actions, and let the boy stay in the village. If that's alone, or with someone who will take him in..only time can tell"

I smiled at that.
The third hokage has always been very kind, even to outsiders who many others did not like.

"Minato, I have to ask.. how did you even find him...you were only on a scouting patrol were you not?"

"Y-yes..my apologies...one of my students- obito in particular- fell into the hideout to to the broken opening..we only realized it was Orochimaru's once we went down to help him"

"Could he not get out himself" he asked, sounding genuine worried that obito had hurt himself in the fall.

"Yes he could...but he had noticed the boy and so we went down to help him get the boy out and examined"

Hiruzen looked skeptical at me for a few seconds, making me very uncomfortable, but it quickly changed into a warm smile.

"Well done Minato..well done endeed" he said and lit up hid pipe.

XxXxXxXxXxXxX
A/N

Hey guys!!
I'm sorry that this chapter is kinda short, but now the Tenzou retrieving is done!!
CHECK!!

Now- I'm often asking you advice, because I want to make this book exactly what you want.
So here's a new question!

-Should Tenzou live alone?

-should Tenzou move in with minato, just till he's mentally stable?

-or should he move in with someone from the team? (Kakashi? Rin? Obito?)

See ya?!