Chapter 1 Graduation Day

COVER WAS DONE BY ladyarchangel74

Tony Stark sat proudly in the audience as he watched his baby sister give her valedictorian speech for her graduating class at Harvard Medical School. Amara Jade Stark was only 15 when she entered Harvard, now at 23, she was the youngest in her graduating class to become a doctor. As he sat there listening to her speech he couldn't help but feel like a proud father instead of a brother.

Amara was born when Tony was 19 years old, Howard and Maria called her their miracle baby, but Tony never felt any jealousy towards his baby sister, he fell in love with her the minute he saw her and vowed to always protect her. He had to fulfill that vow two years later when their parents were killed. But Tony did his best to raise his baby sister even though he was still known as the genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist. He never let his sister see the playboy side of him. Even though Tony knows she read about it.

And even when the media called Tony all sorts of bad things sometimes even hateful things, to Amara Tony was her everything. Her brother, her playmate, the chaser of monsters from underneath her bed when she was little, her teacher, and above all her best friend.

Tony suddenly laughed as he realized that Amara had said those exact words in her speech when she was thanking him. He smiled up at her and blew her a kiss.

"I love you, Bubba," Amara said to him then continued on with her speech.

Bruce squeezed Tony's shoulder when he noticed the billionaire get choked up. That was her term of endearment to him ever since she was a baby.

The Battle of New York had happened earlier that month and Tony had almost died, but there was no way in hell he was going to miss Amara's graduation. Now that all the speeches were given, they began to call up the students to hand them their diplomas. Tony and the others clapped as each new doctor got their diploma.

"Doctor Amara Jade Stark." was called and Amara walked up on stage.

Tony stood up along with Bruce and Happy and started cheering and clapping. Amara turned and waved at her brother before hugging her professor. She walked over to the dean who handed her diploma and shook her hand. They posed for a picture and then Amara got off the stage and sat down with the others.

After the last doctor was called up the dean took the podium, "May I present to you Harvard's graduating class of 2012. Congratulations to you all.

With that, the new doctors took off their caps and toss them in the air while everyone else cheered.

It took a while for Tony, Bruce and Happy to get to his sister as she was talking to friends and posing for pictures. Once he did he wrapped his arms around her and gave her a great big hug.

"I'm so proud of you, kiddo."

"Thank you, Tony. Bruce, Happy, thank you so much for coming. It really means a lot to me. But where are Rhodey and Pepper?"

"Rhodey is on duty right now and Pepper had to go to this last minute meeting in Hong Kong. But they both send their love and their congratulations," Tony tells his baby sister.

"Now, how about we have dinner and then head to your graduation party?"

"Great, let's go," Amara said.

The got into the car and Amara took off her graduation gown, underneath she had on a beautiful red dress. They head over to Amara's favorite Italian restaurant, where she meets up with a few friends who tell her they're excited about the party.

After dinner and a few drinks, Happy takes them to 9ofs where Amara's graduation party is going to be held. The minute the car door opens the event coordinator meets Tony.