Chapter 16

(3rd Person)

Almost instantly, (Y/N) was able to bring up his sword and clash it with Shalba's gauntlet, the two quickly went for strikes which were cancelled out by their opponent's quick movements. To anyone else, it would look as though their arms had become blurs and only the sparks of contact could be seen in the air before they both suddenly ran side by side, blocking each other's attacks while running.

With Francine, she was currently rolling away from several magic attacks that Katerea was throwing at her, sometimes using her Holy Wrath wings to deflect or block them all the while running closer to her. However each time Francine went for an attack Katerea would always be able to effortlessly dodge it and either counterattack or move further away from Francine so she could have the space to use her magic.

Shalba ran towards (Y/N) but was stopped by one of his wings grabbing his entire body and keeping him still. (Y/N) then used the sword to try and slice the devil in half, only succeeding in cutting his cheek as the armour easily and sturdily blocked the attack without any internal injuries either. Shalba went to attack and (Y/N) easily saw through it, twisting his arm so the sword would face downward and block the punch, he then backflipped away using the air his wings gave him to avoid another attack.

That was an opportunity as Shalba flew straight towards his opponent, hoping to attack once the boy was in the air, (Y/N) however used his wings again to twist mid-air and dodge the attack. He then slammed a fist into the armour, the armour cracked making Shalba go wide-eyed and growl as he saw the Evil Energy pouring out his fist.

Shalba: I thought you would just be another weakling for me to crush... but now that I've seen those wings, I'm certain I need to start taking this...

(Y/N) cut him off... literally, he sliced the man's face which made him start to shout in pain, clutching his face and backing up. (Y/N) scoffed while sheathing the sword.

(Y/N): Yeah, yeah, you need to start taking it seriously, stop trying to act like a bigshot already. You may be related to an old family of devils, powerful ones at that, but you're nothing if you keep letting your talking distract you.

Shalba: You insolent little pest! You... you...

He removed his hand to reveal the damage, a rather deep cut going down his right eye which only caused the devil to make his only eye go wide in rage while feeling the slash where his eye should be.

Shalba: I'll make sure you suffer for this!

(Y/N): Then come and make me suffer asshole!

(With Francine)

Francine dodged yet another magic attack and then had her wings burn the other two to cinders, she looked up with a glare at Katerea who simply looked down at her with a now blank glare.

Katerea: That Holy Wrath of yours is quite annoying, any chance you could turn it off?

Francine: When you're dead, sure.

Francine flew after the Leviathan descendant which caused her to clench her fist which was covered in blue light. Under Francine, a circle of magic the same colour appeared and shot up blue light which instantly surrounded her.

Katerea: You idiot, my magic is beyond your comprehension. I can turn your body into many things which would result in your death. If you believe for...

Katerea was cut off when she felt something stabbing her shoulder. She yelped in pain, turning to spot a wing of burning white fire embedded in it.

Francine: If you're done with monologuing, I'd like you to die quicker, please.

To Katerea's shock, Francine walked out the blue light beam, her skin burned off but quickly repairing itself, the only permanent damage being her new clothes that turned into ashes, however that was the least of her problems as she stopped in front of her opponent who was gritting her teeth in anger as she clutched her shoulder.