Ring of Fire

Everyone was ready to leave. I wasn't. I knew we wouldn't leave, I just wasn't sure how we'd end up staying, but I knew it was going to happen. Clarke, Finn, and Bellamy were inside, taking care of Raven and discussing something. I was with Jasper, he had a gun and I didn't so we had agreed to walk together to wherever we were going.

"Do you really think leaving is a good idea?" I asked him.

"It's our only option."

"I think it would be better if we stayed, but I guess you're right." I tried to seem convinced.

"Okay, here we go! Keep your eyes open! Keep your eyes open!" I heard some kid scream as soon as they left the drop-ship. And we started to walk.

Only a few minutes after we started walking a weird noise was heard. We all stopped trying to detect where it came from. An ax flew through the air and opened a hole in a random guy's face, near me.

"Grounders!" Jasper screamed and everyone, including me, started to ran back. So that's how we were going to stay.

We were back in camp in a blink of an eye. As soon as we got there Bellamy gave a bunch of orders but I didn't know what to do. There was not much I could help with, so I decided to stay in the watch.

"(Y/N)?" Clarke called me through the radio.

"Yeah?" I asked, confused.

"Could you came inside and keep an eye on Raven while I'm helping her, just to make sure she doesn't pass out?"

"Yes, I'm going there right now."

"Thanks."

I got out of the wall and went inside the drop-ship. Raven was sitting on the ground with some wires on her lap.

"Hey! Where's Clarke?" I asked, sitting next to her.

"Down there, trying to connect the manual override to the electromagnet." She answered.

"Oh, nice." I had no idea what she had just told me.

"Raven, I can't find it, this is a mess down here." I heard Clarke.

"It'll be orange. C'mon Clarke, it's not that hard. It's not rocket science."

"It is rocket science, actually." She seemed frustrated.

"Guess we finally found something you're not good at. I used to be picked first for everything. Earth skills, zero-g mech course. First... every time. So, how the hell did I end up here?" I could see the tears growing in her eyes.

"A rocket." I played. "Okay, not the right time for a joke, I can see that now, I'm sorry."

"Hey, Raven?" Clarke called from down there. "I'd pick you first."

"Of course you would. I'm awesome." Raven forced herself to smile.

"Yeah, you are." I smiled at her.

"Hey, I found it. Orange wire." Clarke warned a few seconds later.

"About time! Now follow that wire to the override panel."

"Raven? It's fried. Totally useless. Tell me this isn't as bad as I think."

"Do any of you know how to splice a wire?" Raven asked.

"No," Clarke answered, then Raven looked at me.

"Me neither."

"Then it's worse." Raven sighed.

She tried to move to go help Clarke but screamed in pain.

"Raven, you can't get up. Just tell Clarke what to do, we can do this." I helped her sit back again.

"They're everywhere! Harper, get down! We need backup! Raven, our mines actually worked!" We heard Jasper on the radio.

"Jasper can splice," Raven announced, happily.

"Jasper, we need you in the drop-ship right now," Clarke said through the radio.

"Negative. We can't give up the west woods." Bellamy said.

"I can go take his place if you want me to," I told Clarke.

"No way, you stay here," Clarke told me I heard the radio sound again. "The west woods are mined, Bellamy. The grounders just figured that out. Jasper, get in here."

"Don't worry Clarke, I'm coming," Jasper said.

In no time Jasper came running and joined Clarke.

"Hey, Raven, tell us again how this is gonna work," Clarke asked.

I was failing the mission to keep her awake, so the 3 of us were trying our best to talk to her.

"Told you 5 times. Current flows to the electromagnet. That opens the poppet valve. Rockets fire." She was almost asleep.

"Okay. Got the good wire ready to graft on. What's next?"Jasper asked.

"Clarke! She passed out!" I warned, panicking.

They both got to us so Clarke could check on her. I knew she wasn't going to die, but it was still nerve-wracking.

"They've broken through! There are hundreds of them! They're heading for the gate! Game over, man!" Someone said on the radio.

"Go, Jasper! Finish this!" I rushed him, there was no time to lose. "What do you need me to do?" I asked Clarke.

"Make sure she is breathing. I'm going outside." She so she went.

"Finn's going to be here in no time, don't worry," I said while checking Raven's pulse. "You'll be okay."

Clarke came back, and so did most people, including Finn, that had brought the medicine. I couldn't help but smile when he arrived. Then it hit me, Mountain Men were about to arrive, and if I was captured I'd never see Finn again.

"(Y/N), you okay?" Clarke asked me.

"Yeah, I'm fine, just a little scared, don't worry."

"We're all scared, it's okay. But we're gonna make it."

Clarke gave the medicine to Raven, hoping it would give her some time. I knew it would.

"Clarke they're taking over the gate," Miller ran inside.

"Good. Because I did it... I think." Jasper was coming up.

"I'm closing that door," Miller said.

"Wait! We've still got people out there. Bellamy's not back yet." Clarke fought back.

Finn and Clarke were outside. I was hoping something would change, that Bellamy, Finn Clarke could come inside and even if we all went to Mount Weather maybe we could get out like Clarke did because we would believe her. But I knew that wasn't going to happen.

Clarke got back inside. She knew she had to close the door. But I couldn't take it. I was looking outside, felt my breathing getting heavier. I couldn't take it. And before I could even think about what I was about to do, I started running. And I ran until I only saw the forest, I ran until I no longer saw grounders, until I knew I'd be safe from the explosions. I heard them calling my name from inside the space-ship. But I had to be outside. I probably almost got stabbed a few times, but I had no idea because all I cared about was being outside.

And when I finally stopped and looked back, the fire had already consumed the area around the camp, and the grounders were already dead.

A/N

I hope you liked this chapter, I know it wasn't exactly the best one. Next one will be the beginning of season 2. I want to thank everyone that has read, voted or commented, your comments seriously make my day, I have so much fun reading your opinions or reactions! Next update will be Monday, see you then!