The Final Chapter

"The moment Jiraiya gets here, you leave," Sarutobi said seriously, looking me straight in the eye. "We can only think that they will target you tonight, and Jiraiya will be here before 5 p.m.; be careful Naruto."

I nodded my head, silently fuming. They think that I can't take on a few civilians and some Anbu? Given, they think I'm Naruto right now, the dead last, but still. It's quite annoying. Though, it is true that we don't know who's all involved, so it could be dangerous- even for me.

Hiruzen mistook my anger for worry. "Don't worry, we'll have 10 Anbu monitoring you at all times, making sure you're safe."

Oh gosh. He really is stupid.

I gave him a thumbs up and smiled as big as I could. "Don't worry gramps, I can take care of myself, believe it!"

Hiruzen smiled at me and took a long drawl from his pipe. "I believe it."

I took my leave and put my hands behind my head. It's gonna be a long day.

...

I had my meeting with the Hokage at 9 a.m. and it's currently 3 p.m. Two hours before the perv shows up. And what have I been doing to pass the time? Laying down in my bedroom and staring at the ceiling. Un-Naruto like, but definitely Naruko like. I went into my mindscape, hoping to play cards with Kurama.

"Wassup," I yelled at the sleeping fox. "I'm bored, lets play cards."

"No," Kurama grumbled. "Sleeping... not now... go... away..."

I began to whine. "Nooo. I'm bored."

Kurama turned to his other side, shifting to make himself comfortable. "Go for a walk or something. Don't bother me."

I let out a hard huff and left my mindscape. I stretched out my own body since I was laying down, then stood up, arching my back. Time for a walk I guess.

I opened my apartment door and locked it behind me. My hands instantly went behind my head as I hopped into the streets and began to take a walk. Not even five minutes into my leisurely walk, an Anbu appeared in front of me.

"Jiraiya sennin has just arrived early, Lord Third has requested me to bring you to him," the Anbu spoke in a rushed tone.

"Alright I guess," I grumbled, not believing a word he said. If Jiraiya was early, then he would've used his spare time to peep on women.

The Anbu grabbed my shoulder and sunshined us into a dark alley.

"Hey, what is this, I thought we were going to gramps' office?" I yelled, hoping to get someone's attention.

The Anbu took off his mask, revealing... Just kidding, I don't know him, but he took off his mask and smirked at me. "Happy Death Day, demon."

I readied my technique passed onto me by my father but the Anbu grabbed my hands quickly and tied them up while I was concentrating, catching me off guard.

"You're kidding," I huffed. "I'm actually gonna die, ya know?"

The Anbu laughed. "Don't worry, it won't be quick." A bunch of people appeared behind him, each carrying one kunai. "Step right up folks," he spoke tying me up on a post. "Don't worry, all 200 of you will get a turn, and don't fear the demon, I sealed his chakra away. Do not hold back."

I felt Kurama pull me into my mindscape as he gave me a sad look. "Look like this might be the end kit. My chakra has been sealed away, keeping me from healing you..."

I gave him a warm look. "It's funny, since my henge is long gone and they're not questioning it," I said, trying to lighten the mood. 'Mom, dad... I'm coming soon.'

Kurama and I sat in silence while I was occasionally screaming in pain when a kunai hit hard. I mostly kept it together, but soon, the kunai hit where other kunais hit before, increasing the pain. Each time I screamed, I heard a cheer.

"Those sick bastards," Kurama hissed. The author didn't even bother stopping him from cursing.

Soon the count hit 100 and there was a slight pause. I decided to go outside my mindscape to see the commotion. It was Shino, standing in front of me, holding his arms out, three kunai sticking out of his body.

"What are you doing?" he hissed. "You're killing the heir to the Uzumaki clan and you dare hurt the heir to the Aburama clan?"

The people stood deathly quiet before the Anbu who brought me here stepped forward. "That demon is no heir to any clan," he spoke before turning to the crowd. "The demon must've brainwashed him to no return. We'll be doing his clan a favor by killing him as well!"

The crowd cheered, now focussing their onslaught on Shino.

"Get away," I spoke quietly, coughing up blood. "Get away while you still can. If you abandon me, they'll let you go."

Shino turned towards me and gave me a rare smile. "I cannot. Why is that? I love you Naruko Uzumaki-Namikaze."

My eyes watered, my heart felt as if it was about to burst. "Shino I..." before I could speak, a kunai punctured my lungs, causing me to cough up an obscene amount of blood. I felt Kurama try to heal me, but it was no use. I'll die soon.

Shino was on the ground in front of me, dragging himself towards me. The crowd has finally dispersed, not wanting to witness the less than beautiful deaths of us two. Shino managed to cut me down, making me fall forward onto the ground. I tried to breathe, but Shino calmed me down with his words.

"Rest now Naruko, I'll be with you soon."

I felt a tug on my body and a warm feeling covered me, from my head to my toes. The pain went away and a light came into view. "I love you too, Shino."

...

A life gone. Then the other. The match made in heaven, only lasting a minute. As their souls ascended for the light in the sky, one looks down, seeing her and her love holding hands in death, smiling.

"Time to go," Shino stated, taking her hand. Naruko smiled warmly, walking by his side into the light.

A match made in heaven. Living for a minute, lasting for eternity.

The end.

{June 14, 2019}

Hello, readers, Editor-san and Author-san here. We both thank you all for enjoying our book and for all the support you've given us. Thanks for sticking it out till the end. It was a long journey, and we're glad you took it with us.