Chapter 4 Pale Moon Rises.

It was almost a month since her attack and Amara still had flu-like symptoms, mostly running at a higher temperature and chills. She would also show signs of increased aggression, unprovoked rages, insomnia, restlessness which of course completely out of character for Amara. This was something that was starting to worry Tony and Bruce.

"Could it be a form of PTSD?" Tony asked.

"I don't know, maybe it's been getting worse the closer we get to the month anniversary of her attack," Bruce tells him.

"We should probably ask her. Maybe I can convince her to see a psychologist or something."

"Maybe so."

Tony tried several times to talk to Amara but she simply avoided the subject, She kept telling him that she was fine.

"You're not fine, Mar. I've never seen you act like this before, I'm worried."

Amara sighed, "Alright, next week I'll set up an appointment to see a doctor about this aggression I have. To be honest it's starting to worry me too."

"Good," Tony said then hugged his sister.

A few days later, on the anniversary of her attack things changed. Amara had been feeling off all day long she was once again running a fever and her hands were killing her. She decided not to say anything to Tony and stay in her room for the day. She took her pain pills to help with her hands. It dulled the pain for a while but as the day progressed the pain started getting worse. She tried to ignore it the best she could and continued to read.

As the night progressed Amara things just started to get worse. While she was reading she suddenly felt a sharp pain throughout her entire body. It was so bad that she fell off the bed. She gritted her teeth so that she wouldn't scream. Amara wrapped her arms around herself and lay on the floor in the fetal position.

**Miss Stark are you alright, I have detected an elevation in your heart rate.**

"I'm fine JARVIS, I'm just in a little bit of pain."

**Shall I notify Sir, Miss Stark?**

"No, Jay, I'll be fine."

Amara crawled back on her bed and started reading again. Not five minutes later the pain came back much worse. Amara screamed and fell off her bed again. Amara saw herself in the mirror and noticed that she was sprouting hair all over her body. She held up her trembling hands, her eyes widen at the sight of what once was the hands of a human was now mangled and her skin was peeling away like a banana. They are replaced with the large, hairy, dangerously clawed hands of a beast.

Amara felt a burning sensation in her eyes, she rushed over to the mirror to see that her eyes were changing and it's not just the iris that changes, her pupil changes, too. Her once blue eyes were now the yellow, glowing orbs of a predator radiating from her eye sockets, and her pupils dilate like a wolf's. Amara's eyes are now stripped of all humanity and replaced with the eyes of a hunter and her eyesight became sharper.

Suddenly she screams as her bone snap into new positions. Her entire body starts molding itself into a new shape, she was becoming a lot taller and broader than a human and somewhat slouched. Her bones begin to snap, lengthen, and pop through the skin and back into place. Her tailbone elongates turning into an actual tail.

Amara's skin stretches and tightens over the new form. Her ears stretch up out of the side of your head like Laffy Taffy as they become pointed. This enhances her hearing abilities.

While all this is going on Tony was working down in his lab listening to AC/DC at full volume. Bruce had gone out to pick up some dinner and had yet to return. So it was little wonder that he didn't hear Amara screaming until finally, he heard something. Muting the music, he clearly heard Amara screaming.