one

"Come dance with us Kennedy! It'll be fun!" Arden begged as she tugged on my arm.

"Fine! But only this one song," I sighed, finally giving into my friends pleading. They all cheered before dragging me onto the dance floor. Parties were not exactly my thing, but when they were at my house, I had no choice in whether I attended or not. My brother, Grayson, loved to host parties because it meant he got to hook up with girls. Myself, on the other hand, wasn't allowed to even look at a boy without my brother kicking their ass, totally fair right? 

As usual, as soon as we got to the dance floor, my friends ignored me to start grinding on the boys around them. I stood awkwardly in the middle, swaying my hips slightly to the music.

After a minute, I felt an arm snake around my waist. I looked up to find my brother's best friend, Wyatt Chandler, staring down at me. I giggled and turned to wrap my arms around his neck.

"Wanna go upstairs?" Wyatt asked me. I nodded my head before grabbing his wrist and leading him out of the crowd. I spotted my brother making out with his latest girl, Lindsay. Luckily, we were able to sneak upstairs without any issues because his back was facing towards us. Wyatt and I had been seeing each other in secret for over two months. We didn't go on dates or anything, just had fun. We made it my room and I locked the door behind us.

"God, you're so sexy," Wyatt smiled before kissing me.

"I can say the same and more about you," I mumbled against his lips.

"We've gotta be quick, Grayson has been checking on me every fifteen-ish minutes," I informed him. Wyatt nodded and started to tug and my shirt before pulling off his own. I giggled and unbuttoned mine slowly.

"We don't have time for that," Wyatt mocked me.

"Oh shut up!" We were about to go back to kissing when somebody started banging on my door.

"Ken, who's with you?" It was Grayson. My eyes went wide before I picked up Wyatt's shirt from the ground and shoved him into my closet.

"Stay there," I ordered him, before shutting the door. I re-buttoned my shirt and pulled out my phone. I pulled up the screensaver that looked like I was on the phone with someone. I unlocked the door to reveal an angry looking Grayson.

"Gray, I'm just on the phone," I told him. He snatched the phone out of my hand.

"Who are you and why are you calling my little sister?" He asked. I grabbed the phone right back from him.

"They hung up on me! And I am not your little sister, I'm only three minutes younger!" I retorted. Grayson just rolled his eyes at me in response.

"Just come back downstairs soon so Wyatt and I can keep an eye on you," He sighed.

"Fine," I grumbled before shutting the door again. I heard Grayson's footsteps fade as I walked back over to my closet. I pulled open the doors to see a relieved Wyatt sitting on the ground.

"That was close," He muttered. I nodded in agreement.

"Too close," I started. I paused to take in a deep breath. "Wyatt, I think we need to end this," I told him. His face dropped instantly.

"Why?" He asked.

"You're my brother's best friend, and he is going to start getting suspicious soon," I explained. Wyatt sighed before taking my hands in his.

"We'll end this if you want to, but know I will always be here for you if you need me," He sighed. I pulled him into a hug and he kissed my forehead.

"I'll go first and distract my brother," I told him before escaping back into the dark hallway. I sighed as I realized the closest thing I had to a real relationship was gone again, thanks to my brother. When I got to the bottom of the stairs I saw that most people were starting to head out, since it was close to three in the morning. I said goodbye to my friends and headed to find my brother.