MECHA

Cobalt POV

Cobalt felt the floor shake, and looked up to a frightening sight.

There was a giant mecha looming over them. Luckily, it didn't seem to notice them. Cobalt let out a sigh of relief, but Aria still looked petrified.

"Wh-What is that?!" Aria was hiding behind Cobalt, but Cobalt wanted to hide behind her instead. The gigantic metallic mecha clanked forward. The mecha was being controlled by an Octoling, and it's body looked familiar.

"Ha! These dumb Octolings, they just use their old junk to make new junk!" Cobalt and Aria jumped.

"Wha? Nori? Are you still here...?" Cobalt asked, unimpressed.

"Why are these earbuds speaking, Cobalt?" Aria took off the earbud Cobalt had lent her, and examined it.

"Ah, who's this~ Hi Octoling girl, I'm Agent 9, aka Nori!" Aria looked utterly confused. Cobalt started to trot away to defeat this weird mecha.

"Hey! Stay back Cobalt, I have to tell you about this mecha!" Cherry was yelling at him. Now Aria was staring suspiciously at the earbud.

"Ok..." Cobalt sat down, noticing how the mecha had not noticed him yet.

"So, the body is Octavio's old ship. They literally just added the cockpit and the legs. And it probably has the old moves Octavio programmed into it, so try hitting the punches it sends at you? I dunno, that's what I did." Cobalt nodded, and stepped forward.

"Hey!" Cobalt yelled. "Don't you wanna attack me?" The mecha looked down, and sent a punch. Cobalt shot at it, and Aria also shot it. However, nothing happened.

"Hit the springs, Cobalt and Aria!" Kari was speaking. Cobalt nodded, and cocked his gun. The mecha sent another punch, which Cobalt dodged. In unison, the both hit the springs. The fist broke off, and Aria cheered.

"Thank you,...?" Aria said, then stopped.

"Kari! My name's Kari...! Heehee~" Cobalt could feel her happy smile coming from the earbud.

The Octoling in the mecha looked annoyed, and used the other hand to send a punch.

"No! Don't hit the springs for this one!" Callie's voice was anxious, and she breathed a sigh of relief when Cobalt merely dodged it. "Phew... Just dodge this hand, the springs are explosive!"

"Ooh! I know what to do!" Aria smiled. "Hit the springs when it's sending the punch back!

"Smart idea." Ray answered gruffly. Aria smiled, then started to charge her Charger. The mecha sent another punch, missed, and then it happened. Aria shot the springs, and gasped. Cobalt fell over in amazement. The punch exploded in into a mix of Cobalt and Aria's color; pinkish-purple. Cobalt was reminded of Violet, but he shook the thought off and walked to the next floor

"Welp. That was easy." Marie sighed.

"Why're you sounding so upset about it?!" Cobalt was extremely annoyed.

Cobalt heard laughter. Aria was laughing, and she looked so happy that Cobalt laughed too. They laughed so much, but then he stopped after remembering an upsetting memory.

This happened when I first met Silica...

He sighed, and climbed up the stairs. For some reason, he felt like this floor would be the last.

Silica, here I come!

This story, the story of Cobalt and Silica is almost over... 5 more chapters...