twenty four | sushi

"I don't believe you," I state.

"That's not my problem," Jamie replies.

We are both at a sushi restaurant. He refused to answer my questions unless I got him food, so I decided to take him for sushi because I have been craving it for a while.

"Jamie, I will leave you here to pay for all this food if you don't answer me honestly," I threaten.

"But sushi is so expensive," he whines.

"Then stop eating so much."

"Never."

I chuckle. "Just answer, what were you actually going to say when Elijah cut you off. He's not crazy about alcohol. He started acting weird when you left. What is going on?"

Jamie sighs, then takes a piece of sushi and shoves it in his mouth to avoid answering for as long as possible. He chews it excruciatingly slow, not removing his eyes from mine.

"Jamie," I groan.

"Um, excuse me, it's Baby J to you," he says, still chewing. I roll my eyes. "Stop being so sassy! I might fall in love with you," he jokes.

"What?"

"Whoa, whoa. I'm kidding, ninja girl. My heart belongs to Alex— even though most people don't like her. There's probably a reason that people don't like her but love is blind," he sings the last bit.

I remember the incident where I bumped into her in the supermarket. "No, Baby J, you're blind and stupid if you can't see that there is something manipulative and wrong about her."

Jamie frowns, stuffing an enormous amount of food into his mouth, making him look like a chipmunk. "Everyone deserves a chance to be better. She may not be amazing but I think she's trying."

I stare down at the table, thinking about Jamie's words. Everyone deserves a chance to be better. Should I tell him about the whole Elijah thing? Maybe he could help me get out of it.

No, he could tell Elijah.

"Stop changing the subject. Answer my question," I say.

"What was your question again?" he says.

I groan, wanting to slam my head against the table. "Do you want me to beat your ass again?" I threaten.

Not that I would ever hurt him now that I know him.

"I don't think I can tell you. I shouldn't. Elijah is not one to trust a lot of people, but he trusts me. I don't want to ruin that."

Ugh, why does he have to be such a good friend?

"Fine, but you're paying for lunch," I state.

"What?" he says with his mouth full. I cringe and laugh at the sight.

"Don't act like you're broke. I've seen your house. This is your punishment."

Once he has swallowed, he shrugs. "I like it when you punish me," he says and winks, then bursts out laughing.

•<•>•

I pull the door of my apartment open to find Elijah. He is holding a bag of food, so I step aside to let him in.

"I'm starving," he complains. It's already dark outside, and I hadn't even thought about food. What is wrong with me?

The smell of whatever food is in the bag makes my stomach growl. He sets the food down on the counter and takes plates and utensils out for the two of us.

"Make yourself at home," I joke.

He stops what he is doing and turns to face me. "Oh, sorry, you dish out then. Women belong in the kitchen anyway," he says, knowing it will get me riled up.

He walks up to me and I stand my ground. I glare at him and he grins, taking note that he did, in fact, piss me off with that statement.

Maybe I should take that fork and just stab him with it a couple of times.

He goes back to dishing out, ignoring my pointed look. "That felt wrong coming out of my mouth. Sorry," he apologizes. He gives me my plate of food, which smells incredible, and we sit next to each other on the couch.

It's a whole lot of Lebanese food that he got from a random restaurant. Even though he works at a cafe, I'm sure eating the food you have to serve can be annoying.

I take a bite of a kebab that is wrapped in some kind of dough and moan. "Oh my god, this is amazing."

I lean back on the couch and chew the food slowly, liking the spicy aftertaste. I could literally eat a car full of these things. They're amazing.

Oh my god, and the dough that it comes with is so buttery and warm.

If food was a man, I would undoubtedly marry him.

I try some chicken and other things that Elijah dished out for me. He also seems very focused on his food, not looking up for a second.

Once he is done he puts his plate in the sink, washes his hands and then falls back down onto the couch. He sits closer to me than necessary.

I get up and put the dishes in the dishwasher, then wash my hands. Thank god for dishwashers. I hate doing the dishes.

"So, Elijah," I say his name slowly as I walk to him, dragging out the 'h' sound.

"Mhm?"

"I went out for lunch with Jamie."

"Yeah, he told me you tricked him into paying. I commend you for that because even though he has money, he acts like he is a homeless person." Elijah lies across the couch, not leaving any place for me to sit, so I just sit on his legs.

"Yeah so we got to talking..." I say slowly.

"Mhm...?" he looks curious now, but plays it cool.

"He told me everything," I lie.

•<•>•

Another update yay :)

I've been MIA for a while. I don't really know why, I just didn't have a lot of inspiration to write even though I'm on holiday, but I'm starting to get back into it again now. Hope you guys like it *blows kisses*

T w i t t e r : xPineappleGirlx
I n s t a g r a m : laylaawrites
Y o u t u b e : xThePineappleGirlx

Lots of love and jelly tots - xThePineappleGirlx