Dinner for three

The next day proceeded as normal, as if a huge bomb hadn't been dropped.

Mia went off to work and Damien followed suit and surprisingly, the energy was the same between the two.

At the end of her shift Mia got a phone call. Only one person ever called her, so she answered without reading the caller ID.

"Hey Damien, I'll be out in a second." She said quickly, while slipping on her coat.

"Mia? It-it's Andra sweetie." A female voice replied.

Mia paused her movements and her heart felt as if it fell through her chest.

"H-hi" She said after a moment.

Mia hadn't seen Andra since she ran away from the orphanage during their disagreement. She didn't like the way she talked about Damien and she doesn't feel comfortable around her knowing how she felt about him.

"Mia, I'm sorry how things ended between us the last time we saw each other. I didn't mean to upset you that much; I just don't want to see you get hurt." Andra apologized softly.

Mia bit her lip anxiously. She didn't know what to say.

"I love him." Mia whispered finally. "And I don't like it when you talk about him like that."

She could hear Andra sigh on the other line, but she was surprised at the words that she spoke next.

"How-how about you have him over for dinner? We could get to know each other better." Andra offered kindly.

Mia nearly gasped at the proposal and she nodded her head before realizing that the motion went unseen.

"Y-yeah that would be nice." She murmured.

"Come over for 6. I'll have a nice spaghetti dinner ready; your favourite." Andra offered. Mia could hear the smile in her voice. "I'll try to see the good in him Mia. I'll try; for you."Andra finished.

Mia smiled at her words, appreciating the effort.

"Thank you." She said, while walking out of the bakery.

"It's the least I can do." Andra replied apologetically.

Mia hummed when her eyes caught sight of dark hair and tattoos and she murmured a quiet goodbye before hanging up.

"Who were you talking to?" He questioned after she walked to his car.

"Andra." She mumbled with her face pressed into his chest.

Damien pushed her back slightly so that he could see her face.

"Why?" He asked with a confused look.

The last time she was with Andra, she had run away in her pyjamas before calling him.

Mia shrugged and rocked on the balls of her feet.

"She wants to have dinner."

She looked down before flickering her eyes up to meet his.

"With both of us."

Damien tired not to look too opposed to the idea but really, he wasn't crazy about the woman. Especially after how she treated Mia the last time.

"Are you sure? Things didn't end so well the last time you talked." He said carefully.

Mia frowned but understood where he was coming from.

"I know...But I want to believe that she's trying." She whispered.

Damien sighed and nodded, before gesturing for her to get in the car.

"Okay, fine we'll have dinner."