𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐍; XXXIX.

❝𝑮𝒍𝒐𝒘𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒄𝒌𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒓𝒖𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝑵𝒆𝒘𝒕

❝𝑮𝒍𝒐𝒘𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒄𝒌𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒓𝒖𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝑵𝒆𝒘𝒕.❞
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 Eurydice's outburst and her fast food in the woods she had received a text from Alice telling her to stay put. She did as instructed and was informed in another text that the pixie-like-woman had a vision. Eurydice heard something behind her and she turned in an instant. She swore she saw a pair of blue eyes that belonged to Kaz Lightwood but she couldn't smell him. Eurydice clenched her jaw as she noticed a plant inching to her before it dropped something at her feet. She crouched down and picked up the small stygian iron bracelet. Her fingers trailed over the engraving before she gulped.

"Eurydice!" She heard Alice's voice and stood up, slipping the bracelet into her pocket.

"Hey Allie." Eurydice smiled softly as she let out a sigh. "Don't tell me you came to scold me then give me a rundown."

"No. I'll scold you later," Alice let out a small laugh as she held out her hand for the girl to take. "Jazz is waiting for us. Surprise date of sorts."

"Not so much of a surprise now." Eurydice let out a small laugh as she took Alice's hand.

"Victoria is coming into town. She'll be here this weekend." Alice spoke as the two started walking through the woods.

Eurydice furrowed her eyebrows, "That's soon."

"It is honey." Alice sighed as she turned to look at her. "You and Newt are staying home this weekend."

"Why?" Eurydice raised her eyebrows as she looked at Alice.

"Victoria pulled the strings when it came to both you and your brother turning, she expects you both to be there." Alice moved and cupped Eurydice's cheek. "Jasper and I know you can handle your own. We know Newt can but what if something plays right into her hands?"

Eurydice frowned knowing where she was coming from as she nuzzled her cheek further into Alice's hand. "I know. I'll stay at my house."

"You barely live there anymore though." Alice pouted but nonetheless agreed.

𝐄𝐔𝐑𝐘𝐃𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐄 continued treading through the woods or a moment before they were near the edge of the woods. Alice pulled Eurydice as the two started to move faster before they were met with Jasper.

"I'm still glad you finally fixed your ramen noodle hair." Eurydice smiled brightly, she loved messing with Jasper over his hairstyles. "It looks a lot better now than it ever has."

"That's because you decided on my hair looking this way darlin'," Jasper stated as he grinned at the two females.

"I remember the screaming matches the two of you had over that." Alice shook her head with a laugh.

"Best time of my life." Eurydice grinned before the three got into Rosalie's red Mercedes-Benz CLK 350, "You know, I remember when we first met and you both drove me home." Eurydice hummed as she laid down in the backseat.

"She actually has a memory." Jasper teased as he started driving.

Eurydice faked a pout before she stared at the roof, "I think I regret dying for my brother."

"Don't say that." Alice huffed as she moved to the backseat and moved Eurydice's head onto her lap and Eurydice knew that wasn't safe but hey, they were already dead. What harm could it do?

"Mehh," Eurydice looked up at Alice and made a face.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐎𝐅 the ride was spent teasing and messing around with one another. Eurydice started to refer to Jasper as 'the bully' which made Alice laugh. Now the three ran through the forest to their usual spot. Eurydice smiled at the familiar clearing. She still had no shoes or earrings and was left in a black lace shirt with her jeans. She gripped Jasper and Alice's hands with a smile.

"You know, I really think everyone has a favorite Kane twin." She hummed randomly before she looked between the two, "Y'all choose me right?"

Alice let out a giggle. "Well.. yes we would." Eurydice looked alarmed before she sighed in relief.

"Emmett definitely picks Newt though." Jasper added and both females nodded.

"I figured. You know, there are some perks to being dead. I don't have any human blood left. Monsters can't detect me that easy." Eurydice started rambling about everything.

𝐄𝐔𝐑𝐘𝐃𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 ramble on before the three fell into a silence. Alice sent Jasper a small grin while he stood in front of Eurydice while Alice moved behind her, snaking her arms around the girl's waist before Jasper tilted her chin up.

"So.. darlin'," Jasper grinned at her, "We did say a surprise date didn't we?" Eurydice felt her emotions start going down into the gutter and if she was still human, she would be on the floor blushing like a red bird.

"You did." Eurydice managed to get out in a normal voice while Alice's lips placed themselves on the girl's shoulder.

"Let the fun begin."

━━✶━━

𝐍𝐄𝐖𝐓 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 his arms crossed after he sneaked someone into the Kane home. Kaz stood in front of the sandy-blonde who ran his hands through his hair. In all honesty he did have feelings for Kaz even though he was not happy with him but the pull he felt to the boy after he turned was undeniable. Kaz watched Newt carefully as he paced back and forth.

"Can you just tell me? I'm tired of the silence. It's weird also knowing that your sister is getting her back blown out like a glowstick." Kaz had no remorse for what he just said.

Newt's eyes flew open as wide as they could get. "My sister is what?!"

"She's fine. It's Eurydice." Kaz waved his hands, "Do you think she will forgive me?"

"In time. You know how we are Kaz." Newt sighed before Kaz slowly grabbed Newt's hands. "A lot has changed hasn't it?"

"A lot has." Kaz agreed but didn't seem phased. "I changed. I was an ass when I found out about Eurydice and her lovers but I was scared that I'd lose you both forever. She's like my sister and you.. You are different."

Newt hesitantly pressed a kiss to Kaz's head. "You never will. Now that we all are going to be around for a very long time." Kaz managed a smile before Newt added, "Now tell me why my sister is getting her back blown out like a glowstick." 

━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━