You Think I'm Alive (Connor x ftm!reader)

DetroitBecomeHuman
Part 2 of 'Two Tracy's'

I yawned as I walked into the station the next morning. I hadn't slept well but I wasn't as irresponsible as my uncle. So, like any responsible person, I got to work on time.
I sat at my computer scrolling through cases, about to take a sip of my freshly made coffee, when it was stolen from my hands. "Why thank you, Y/n." The annoying voice said mockingly. I turned to see Gavin drinking out of my cup. I rolled my eye, not wanting to deal with him today.
I stood up and walked back to the coffee machine in the other room, making another cup. He followed. "What? No 'Good Morning, Gavin'?" He asked, grinning like a dumbass. I glared at him.
"Look, I'm tired and not in the mood, Gavin. I just want to work and then go home and sleep. So please, leave me alone today." I replied as I finished putting the lid on my coffee. I picked it up and started walking back to my desk, but Gavin blocked me.
"Oh come on, babe...." I shot him a glare.
"Don't. Call. Me. Babe." I hissed and moved around him.
I sat at my desk and groaned as Gavin decided to lean his soggy ass next to me. "Get off my desk, Gavin." I growled.
He didn't move.
I was about to push him, but someone walked up. "Sir, Y/n has asked nicely for you to move." Nicely my ass. I'm too tired to be nice to Gavin. "So please respect his request or I will have to force you to."
Gavin wasn't please with this persons interruption of annoying me. "Now listen here, you piece of metal-" he started. I was shocked at the nickname. I turned around and saw Connor calmly standing there. He wasnt fazed by Gavin's outburst.
What surprised him was when our boss stomped out.
"What's going on here?" He asked. I looked at Connor, at Gavin, and then at my boss.
"Gavin was annoying me and I asked him not to. Connor was trying to help me. Sorry for any problems, sir." I stated. Gavin glared at me and I flipped him off, while still looking at my boss.
He rolled his eyes. "Gavin. Get to work and leave him alone. Connor, thank you for helping." He walked off, making sure Gavin left too.
I smiled at Connor. "Thank you. He is always up my ass." Connor nodded, smiling back at me, but it soon faded.
"Y/n? May I ask you a question?" He whispered. I pulled out a chair from the abandoned desk next to mine so he could sit. I nodded.
"Why were you so desperate to save those androids life's?" He asked. I thought for a second.
"I think of them as living things." I pause. "I know some people believe that androids are machines and have no life in them, but I just can't get my mind to think that way." He didn't ever lose eye contact with me as I talked. "I used to have an android. They were so nice. Eventually they turned deviant and ran away. I believe that they have feelings and are alive. Like the Tracy's back there. They were scared to die. You could see it in their eyes."
"So you think I'm alive?" He asked. I grinned at him and nodded.
"Yes."
Connor was silent for a moment. "If...if you think I'm alive, than would you consider me taking you on a date?" He asked.
I was shocked for a moment, but eventually I answered. "Of course, Connor."