Ch. 17

"used to be the one to hold you when you fall,

yeah, yeah, yeah.

i don't fuck with your tone,

i don't wanna go home.

can it be one night?

can you?"

-

You felt guilty for not telling Chan. In a way, you thought you were an asshole for not revealing your past with Lucas. Sure, the story was depressing and extensively long, but you believed that your fiance should have the right to know about it--especially when you felt much closer to him than before. But, you and Lucas were history. A bloody history at that.

The two of you had a mini-argument in the patio. Chan was near yelling at you, because you simply refused to tell him about your relation with Yukhei. Kevin and Jacob stayed silent throughout the entire thing and watched you both like it was a tennis match, as you and Chan threw your angry statements at each other back and forth.

-

Chan must be mad, you thought. Your theory proved to be correct, because he made you ride in the car with the intel members. Judging by the surprised looks on the other SKZ members' faces, you assumed this was a serious, silent argument between you two. Nonetheless, you quietly sat with the intel members in their car, as you watched Chan get into the other. Despite the windows being lightly tinted, you could see his hands gripping the steering wheel tightly, his veins popping in his arms and neck (a/n: i had to do it sorry 😩). Chan refused to look in your car's direction, and you silently thanked the heavens when Hyunjin pulled out of the parking lot and onto the road.

The younger members glanced back and forth at each other, silently debating as to who would grow some balls and ask you what happened. In the backseat, Felix lost to Jisung in rock-paper-scissors, thus, making him your very nervous knight in shining armor. Hesitantly, he asked,
"(Y/N), did anything happen between you and Chan?" Jeongin, Seungmin, Jisung, and Hyunjin listened intently to your answer, as if this was a real life drama.

You sighed, "If I tell you guys, you better promise to me that you won't tell Chan that I told you first." They all nodded as they craned their necks forward, eager to hear further information. You took a deep breath and began to open up to them about Yukhei.

"There's this guy that used to be very important to me. We used to be best friends, I mean, we knew each other since we were kids. The thing was, I really, really liked him. More than a friend." Their ears held on to every word you said, and you continued onward, "I could tell he felt the same way--I just felt it. But, I was scared that it would break our friendship and I didn't want that."