Chapter 69

Chapter 69

Avyan ushered Jiyasha to the motorbike that was parked outside their house. He was careful enough to note that the family members had left the house already.

"From where did you get this bike?" Jiyasha asked him.

"Aditi arranged it for me on a rent. I had requested her," he told her simply.

"What for?"

"So that I can fetch you to the hospital for practice." He gestured her to sit behind him.

As they rode, Jiyasha asked again, "Do you remember our first scooter ride?"

"Of course I do. Who on Earth will forget the great insult you had done to me that night!"

"I'm sorry Avyan, I was focusing only on my revenge. But why were you so arrogant in your behavior even outside too?"

"That stupid Tony had kept men watching mine and Amar's movements all the time."

"I see."

They finally reached Jiyasha's hospital outside the village and she bid him a temporary farewell. He promised to pick her up in the evening and kissed her forehead. He said teasing her, "Practise surgeries well and don't dare to forget me! I'll reach you soon."

***** 

Raghav and Kriti were into the school arena where they caught up with little kids of not older than eight-nine years. The babies were about to start with their classes and Raghav took his seat on top of the sill of a window. He was determined to listen to the classes Kriti took but more than that, he wanted to keep himself busy relinquishing her pretty eyes. He waited to read what her eyes spoke of him or what her heart muttered in his favour.

The nursery rhymes were taken up one by one by Kriti and when the 'Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall' was being recited, Raghav fell off the wall out of sheer excitement. He was so much engrossed in listening to her that his balance failed.

The children along with Kriti began laughing and the latter uttered loudly, "Children, this is how the Humpty Dumpty had a great wall!"

Raghav twitched his eyebrows for he knew he was making a fool of himself, a tender fool in love. He quickly pushed himself up on his limbs and rubbing his arms said, "Children, your teacher is not a very good one. Don't you feel boring while listening to the same thing daily? Don't you think you need something interesting and some games to play?"

Kriti pinched Raghav in the arm. "You are spoiling my class."

"I'm not. Children at this age should not be given books. They are little champs in themselves and physical fitness is very necessary. Don't you see me?"

Raghav fisted his arms together to showcase the biceps and triceps that he possessed. Kriti's head was swinging with all of Raghav's silly rantings and her thoughts hovered to their horse ride. She remembered how flexible and strong he was when he was riding the horse with one hand and continued holding her with the other. Though they had met just a day ago but he seemed to have left a deep impression in her mind.

Raghav snatched the alphabet book from her hand and held it very close to himself. He started murmuring all the wrong letters and the spellings, even worse than a novice learner. Kriti frowned her forehead and snorted when the children bursted out laughing.

"You don't know how to read the correct alphabet!" the children teased in unison.

Raghav was pretty sure he had annoyed Kriti for her face was dampened. Rotating his eyes towards her, he uttered, "Are you angry on me again?"