episode 19: finding jungkook

💎

two years after...

"Appa!"

Yoongi's head snapped towards the door as a little boy, right around a year old, came running inside his office. He smiled and immediately crouched down to welcome the toddler with open arms.

"Aigoo! Uri Junghyun-ie," he said as the boy's arms wrapped around his neck. "Where's your eomma? Did you come here alone?"

The kid broke free from the hug and shook his head no. Then turned towards the door.

"Eomma!" Little Junghyun ran—well more like brisk walk while struggling to balance himself, towards his mother and held her hand as they walked back towards Yoongi.

"You should really stop Junghyun from calling me 'Appa', Li," he chuckled after picking up the kid. "He might get used to it that when his real dad shows up he'd get confused."

Lisa just smiled.

"He calls Hoseok 'Appa' too," she mentioned. "It's the kid's response since you two were basically in our faces acting like his dads."

He shrugged. "What can I say? The kid got me totally whipped."

Two years passed like a blur. After the news about what happened to Jungkook broke, she couldn't function well. And since there was no body found, a huge part of her hoped that he was still alive. That he just had amnesia like those cliché scenarios in the movies. She was in denial, yes but, no dead body to mourn meant he's not dead for her. Even if everyone says he couldn't have survived that fall, they didn't know Jungkook like I did.

"So how's the new director doing?" She asked grinning at him. "My, this office looks amazing."

Yoongi suddenly became shy as he rubbed his nape.

"So you've heard," he said smiling.

"Yup," she said folding her arms. "And I'm appalled you didn't call me as soon as Jin oppa gave you the position. I had to find out from Jisoo eonnie—"

"Lis?" Someone suddenly said peaking from the door. It was Jisoo. Her eyes sparkled as soon as she saw Junghyun. "Junghyun-ie!"

The heavily pregnant woman—who now goes by Jisoo Kim since her divorce was completed a year ago, hurriedly walked towards us and grabbed Junghyun from Yoongi's arms. She was glowing.

"I knew if I snitched I'd get to see my favorite nephew," she said proudly.

Lisa rolled her eyes. "He's your only nephew."

"Still, he's my favorite," she replied then booped the little one's nose making him giggle. "Even more than his uncle Jin."

That made the two laugh.

"Since you're already here, we'll be celebrating Yoongi's promotion in the mansion later," Jisoo mentioned not taking her eyes off the kid. "You and Junghyun-ie should come. Hoseok already RSVP'd and Taehyung and Jen are coming too."

"How about Chaeng and Jimin?" Yoongi asked.

"Oh, Chaeng said congrats but those two love birds are in Busan right now," Lisa informed. "Jimin had problems with the Jaegu Busan branch so they flew there early this morning."