25

Quinn's POV

"Now you're being weird. Are you okay?" I asked.

"What? Yeah. I'm fine."

He's lying, but I won't push it.

"Okay, Holland. What do you have planned for us today?"

"Well, I have a small picnic here and we can gaze up at the stars. It seems kind of boring but we always get carried away watching the stars anyway so I didn't pay much attention toward detail." he sheepishly smiled.

"Surprised you didn't take me to–"

"Puttshack. I know." he rolled his eyes.

"It's not my fault you take, well took, pretty much, all your dates there. Tom even called you out on it."

"All but this one." he said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Whatever."

I took a seat on the blanket, "you remember where our conversations would go? They'd always end up with us dimension jumping or something."

He sat down next to me, "not much has changed."

"How'd we even get to that point of the conversations?"

"Well, we would stare at the stars, make mental pictures, then one of us would ask if the other thinks that there are constellations in a different dimension or something along those lines."

"I guess we should ask Tom then huh? Since he is Spider-Man. Maybe he'd have an answer." I joked.

"You've seen Into the Spider-Verse one too many times." Harry shook his head.

"No. The multiverse is real and you know it. Even Elon Musk believes it."

We got quiet.

"Do you ever worry about what would happen if things don't work out between us? Like this relationship thing has been established, I don't think we can just go back to being best friends again. That scares me because you and Sam have been my best friends since I moved here and I don't want to lose either one of you." I said really fast.

"I'm not gonna lie, it does worry me. But knowing us and all the arguing we've gotten ourselves into, I think that if this doesn't work out then we would still find a way to remain friends. I love you too much to not have you in my life all because our relationship didn't work out."

"So we're basically on the same boat."

"Quit worrying. According to almost everyone, we have some sort of undeniable chemistry." he nudged me.

"Who's 'everyone'?" I dared to ask.

"Almost anyone you can think of. I'm talking Sam, Harrison, Tuwaine, even Violet said so."

"Tom?"

He nodded.

"Are you serious?"

"Yes. Almost everyone that we both know has said so."

"Maybe soulmates are real and we're soulmates." I joked.

"Maybe."

Unknown number: we need to talk

Me: who is this???

Unknown: Violet

Me: why do u have my number

"Why is Violet texting me?" I thought to myself, but apparently it wasn't just a thought.

"What?" Harry's eyes widened.

I shook my head, "Violet just texted me. I didn't even know she still had my number. You guys broke up a while ago."

Unknown: I wouldn't be texting u if it wasn't important

Me: wdym

Unknown: meet me by Trafalgar Square in 4 hours

"She wants me to meet her at Trafalgar Square in 4 hours."

"Why?"

"She didn't exactly say... none of this makes sense. Why is she all of a sudden texting me saying that she wouldn't be texting me if it wasn't important. On top of that, she's texting me when I'm out with you... did you tell her we were going out?" I asked.

Harry's POV

I sighed, "she called me when I got home from your place this morning."

"And did you pick up?"

I nodded.

"So you lied to me earlier."

"I'm sorry."

She clenched her jaw, "what did she want?"

"She just wanted to vent."

"There's more that you're not telling me."

"She basically said she still loves me, like comparing me to her other boyfriend. Saying that things aren't going well and she didn't know what to do."

"Oh..."

"But I said I was moving on." I walked over to her but she took a step back, "Quinn."

"Then why does she want to meet with me?"

"I don't know. All that we talked about was her relationship with her boyfriend. It was a brief conversation. Look, it only lasted two minutes." I showed her the call.

"I need a second to calm down."

"Quinn."