07

Eleanor stayed in her sleeping chambers for the rest of the night, a bottle of fire whiskey sat on the top of her bedside

Eleanor stayed in her sleeping chambers for the rest of the night, a bottle of fire whiskey sat on the top of her bedside. Only two glasses had been poured, just enough to numb her mind for the time being. A nub of her third cigarette hung on her bottom lip while she sat up in bed.

Her eyes red, dried tears warmed her face as well as the liquor.

This day wasn't anything new to her. she tried to hide her sadness, the bitterness of losing someone along with her health and mentality. Every year it seemed to be so sorrow and now that she is finally with Harry, she feels that it has become more painful than what she had thought. Just looking at him only reminded her more of James, it wasn't that they were similar physically, but through the heart— they were one.

There were nights that were worst than this one, than there were nights that went on a lot smoother— those were the years when she was the happiest, with Ted it was like all the sadness had drained from her bloodstream. He took care of her and knew how to help her through a night like this. Since then it has gotten worse, even more than before. To have something is one thing, at least she had a shoulder to cry on, but after Ted left, she had nothing, nobody, not a single soul.

She knew she needed to make herself face reality, life isn't fair, it isn't kind and existing is bullshit.

This was the fire whiskey kicking in.

"The liquor has taken the wheel Jesus." Eleanor slurred a bit putting out her smoke in the empty whiskey glass which fizzled in contact.

She let herself fully lay down for a moment.

Eleanor needed to let herself rest.

Shutting her eyes for a split second she finally felt at peace. Like the pain had vanished and the calmness of the whiskey settled in.

She couldn't keep her eyes open. Before she knew it, she was out.

GRAAWWW!!!

Eleanor shot up at the loud sound.

She heard banging on the door before it burst open. She struggled to grab a hold of her wand that sat next to her nightstand.

A hand had grabbed her reaching one hurriedly.

Eleanor looked up to see what looked like to be Severus.

"Wha-"

"Quirrell set a bloody troll loose, we must act quickly." He erged her to follow, "God, you've been drinking." Severus stared at the sight that surrounded her.

Eleanor had honestly forgot all about Quirrell. She got up, stumbled a bit, but kept her balance.

"Look... I know this looks bad, but I'm totally fine." She shrugged it off and tired to act as sober as can be.