Chapter 8

"What the hell am I suppose to do with this!?" You groaned, throwing yourself onto the sofa.

"Do with what?" Ji-ae asked, strolling into the living room to see what all the fuss was about.

Her eyes immediately darted down to the giant elephant in the room: the expensive gift basket that was now sitting on the table.

"Oh god... please don't tell me tha-"

"Yup. Its from him." You interupted, too scared to say his name out loud.

"How do you know? Did he leave a note?" She asked, tiptoeing over to the gift on the table.

You motioned for her to look for herself.

...

"Oh sh*t..."

"Yup."

"Wait... how are you meant to know when and where? He didnt leave any details, he didn't even leave his number..."

That part of the equation hadn't yet dawned on you, the realization that the note was just about as useful as a blank piece of paper causing a sarcastic smirk to form on your face.

"Not the brightest tool in the shed is he?" You scoffed.

"I think you mean the sharpest tool in the shed," Ji-ae mimicked your laughter, coming over to join you on the couch.

"Should I ask Namjoon?"

You looked up at her, narrowing your eyes slightly before leaning your head on her shoulder, "Do we have another choice? I can't have him sending more gifts here, it's getting... weird. Like border-line stalkerish."

"Yeah no kidding, I mean he showed up at the restaurant and now he knows where you live so its only down hill from here."

You brought your hands to your face in a less-than-helpful attempt to relieve some of the anxiety.

After only a few minutes, and some frivolous typing, Ji-ae's phone started to ring.

You peaked out from behind your hands as she answered.

"Hey what's up"

...

"Isn't that a little awkward..."

...

"Yeah but-"

....

"I'll ask her."

Not moving from your slightly protected position you waited for the question that was surely to be directed at you.

"Jimin wants to know if you're free on Wednesday."

Your eyes widened.

"He's on the phone right now???" You whispered at her, even the proximity of his voice on a phone call made your heart quicken.

She just nodded her head at you, a look of slight fear forming on her face.

"I-uh- yeah I'm free then..." you finally answered, realizing Ji-ae still needed your answer.

"She's free" Ji-ae squeaked out to Jimin, clearly catching your second-hand nervousness.

...

"Uh-Y-Yeah she's sitting right beside me"

This bitch

Your immediate thoughts cursing your best friend for giving away your location, despite the fact it was kind of hard to lie when he could probably hear your voice.