twenty-four

i waited AGES to finally write this chapter omg

listen to the song above, i highly recommend it to this chapter hehe

***

The following days passed by in the weirdest way Taehyung ever encountered. Jungkook was busy leaning over his notes and books from college, kept crying all the time but whenever Taehyung even tried to talk to him, he brushed it off and put a smile on.

There was not a single kiss between them, Jungkook slept in Taejeon's room, hugging his kid all night while crying quietly when the kid was asleep. Well, Taejeon knew his Dad was crying because he was the king in faking sleeping. But he stayed still so he could let it out. Something seemed so wrong with Jungkook and everyone could see it.

Taehyung saw it whenever he looked at him, Taejeon heard it at nights when Jungkook's sobs were all he heard. Jimin realised it when he passed by for game night but Jungkook was looking out of the window, sniffling like he just lost someone dearly important to him.

Even Jungkook's father saw it when he came by to take Taejeon out for a trip after Taehyung asked him to. But the younger didn't let anyone even talk to him, he pushed everyone away and kept reading his books for college, until his eyes shut from the tiredness he was trying to fight all the time.

"I want to visit Mommy", Taejeon said one day when they sat at breakfast table. "Can I facetime Mommy?", he asked, tilting his head towards his father. "Yeah sure", Jungkook answered quietly. "Come over", he pointed on his lap and then pulled his phone out to call Lyza. Taehyung gulped and just looked at them. He didn't think it was a good idea to talk to her, it would just make it worse.

But Jungkook didn't think about any of that, he quickly dialed the number and opened up facetime, Taejeon throning on his lap with an excited look on his face. He wiggled his hands in front of his chest, happily cheering that he'd see his Mommy for the first time in two weeks.
Yes, two weeks were over and she hadn't been back yet.

"Jungkook stop calling me", the girl's voice snapped as soon as she took the call and her face was on the screen. She was wearing nothing but a towel, her blonde locks wet from showering.
"T-taejeon wanted to", Jungkook hummed, looking away. It felt wrong to look at her like that, especially now when he realised how flawless and perfect his girlfriend was, yet his eyes darted to Taehyung immediately to ensure himself of real beauty. 
"I have literally no time right now", the girl grumbled and looked at Taejeon who smiled brightly. "Mommy can I visit you!", he cheered and clapped his hands.

"No", she chuckled, glancing above her shoulder.

"Why?? Taejeon misses Mommy", Taejeon pouted but Lyza turned the camera a little away, steps heard from the background. She whispered something, then returned to the screen. "Mommy will be back in two days, yeah?", she said softly.

Taejeon pouted a little but then nodded.

"Who's there?", Jungkook asked, looking so drained out with the big bags beneath his tired eyes, worn out smile and blank face. "It's none of your fucking business, Jeon. But I'm home", she grumbled.
"I know how your house looks like", Jungkook said, sighing quietly.

"Oh, yeah? Too bad." Lyza laughed, then she ended the call.

Taehyung saw Jungkook's face dropping, "She'll be back in two days", he said bluntly. Taejeon was quiet as well now, eating his sandwich sadly. "Mommy was with someone else", the kid said, tears welling up.

"Why does everyone love somebody else!! Mommy loves other boy, Daddy loves Taehyungie, Jiminie loves Hoseoki but is with Yoongi, Cody loves me but is with dumb girl", he said confused. "It doesn't make sense", with that Taejeon jumped up.