Chapter 38

''You can capture me but what about the others. They won't let you stay in peace.'' A giant man warned Dev. 

''You are the one with broken limbs not me and they will follow my rules. These are my lands and like others you and the one you lead are my employees . Its me who sets and breaks the rules.'' Dev's eyes met that for his guard , ''Keep him here till he completely forgets Mahendra Singh and his glorious days.''

With that Dev left the the dungeon to moved to his room. He had to leave for Sona's wedding and he wanted to be a part of everything . Sona was his life and he wanted to show the world the same.

''Sagar, check your stuff. You are not leaving anything behind.''

''You don't me to come back here.'' Sagar complained

Dev huffed, ''You have already missed many classes , I don't want you missing more.''

''Just say it, you don't want me around.'' Sagar's pain filled voice did the job. Dev couldn't understand why Sagar suddenly had grown so persistent. Walking to his baby brother , he held Sagar by shoulders , ''You are my brother and I love you Sagar.''

''If you did, you wouldn't have shared your pain with walls of this castle all night. You would have chosen me.'' 

Dev shut his eyes and there she was smiling at him. Her small dimple added to her cuteness. When Dev reopened his eyes, they had the remnants of his pain. He had not slept a wink for days and would roam around the Palace all night but he didn't realise that his brother had seen it all.

 ''Is it so difficult to let her go?'' Sagar asked

''Let her go? How ? She runs in me like blood, I breathe her like air. She is every where.'' Dev finally confessed.

''You will not leave me?'' Sagar asked for a reassurance. Dev smiled, pecked his teen brother's forehead, ''How can I ? You are the reason for my smile.'' Sagar hugged Dev. For him Dev was epitome of perfection and he hated Rathore princess for breaking his brother's heart. 

''Hukum, Rathore Princess is here.'' The brothers froze hearing about the arrival of Rathore Princess. Dev held his heart which was ready to jump out of his chest. Whereas, Sagar was determined not to let his brother face the proud Princess alone

''You stay here, I will do the formalities.'' Sagar commanded

Dev chuckled, ''She isn't a rose bud. One wrong move and she will wring your neck. More over, I haven't seen her for ages.''

****

Rolli groaned inwardly as she was being driven to Suryagarh. She couldn't understand why her father assigned her the task of  handling the gifts for Sona to Dev. he was aware of their past, she knew Ranvijay want her to let go all the anger but she just couldn't. For now, she feared how to face the man she loved so fiercely.

''We are here Hukum.'' The voice of her guard pulled her out of her thoughts. She got out of her vehicle and stood watching the magnificent Palace. Once known as one of the most powerful clans, Suryagarh has faced its own demons for quite a long.

'Just be cordial. Nothing more.'  She huffed recalling her mother's strong words. Her mother and aunt had tried to dissuade her father but his ind was made up. Rolli couldn't understand what her father expected out of her.

She was being lead  to the massive hall and served refreshments. Rolli just shut her eyes and started breathing deep, she needed to calm down. Her heart had its own mood, it was more excited than her mind and pumped the excitement to each nerve of her body through the blood.

The frantic beating for her heart multiplied when she heard footsteps approaching her and then came the voice she longed for days, ''Welcome to Suryagarh,  Princess.''