xv.

Chapter Fifteen: "Strucker"

A/N: Im sorry this is short 😭

"So, you're my sister?" Asked Peter as he turned to Wanda. She bit her thumb, offering a small innocent smile.

"Yes, she is." Charles nodded in response for her.

"But you gave me my powers...?" He trailed off confused. He had yet to accept what he had been told.

"Yes." Charles replied once more.

Peter slumped.

"I don't get it."

"You and Wanda were always related through Magneto, but you weren't exactly the mutant you are now. When Pietro died, Wanda released something - a power - that shifted reality, creating a new version of her brother. This shift clung onto you. She gifted you your new abilities-"

"But the name Maximoff?" Wanda interjected, wondering how they had the same last name.

"My mother moved to America during World War II, her last name was German, Maczey. You can guess why she changed it to Maximoff."

"So it was a coincidence then?" Wanda asked the professor.

"Unlikely. Perhaps it was another effect of your magic."

"What, so I changed the past?" Wanda spoke softly to herself as though it was crazy.

"Wanda, I promise I'll do everything I can to answer your questions but this, I don't know. Not yet." Charles explained, an almost sorrowful look growing on his face. He didn't like not being able to provide the answers she wanted. Especially knowing how much this unknown power was hurting her. But she knew what she must do.

Find Strucker.

One Year Later

"He's in experimental room one, Wanda, do you copy?" Wanda responded, alerting the X-Men that she was going to apprehend him.

She knew this facility like the back of her hand. Experimental Room One, was the room where they experimented with an object they called the Aether. They made weapons out of it, and in Wanda's case, they made mutant amplifiers.

As she made her way, a hallway of guards stormed her. Extending out her arms, her magic encased them up, freezing them in motion before they all dropped to the ground.  As she released them, a man hit her across the head with his rifle.