3.2 - Inhibition - Not Okay

Chloe's POV

It took him almost a week to contact me again. Thursday Night. A Simple text with only a time and an address for tomorrow morning. Not a hi, no how are yous. Nothing. I'm starting to think I really did something wrong. Does he hate me now? What's going on?

This is stressing me out and I couldn't sleep all night because of it. But it's morning now and I have to meet Niall. I try my best to hide the dark circles under my eyes with the concealer. Hopefully, that's enough.

After a half hour tube ride, I get to the location, a random coffee shop. I look for Niall and find him in the back, sipping on some hot drink. He didn't even wait for me? Seriously? What's wrong? I order my own drink, an iced latte, and once it's done, I join him. He doesn't even stand up and hug me like he usually does he just says hi with a flat smile. I sit across from him, taking in his shape. This time, he's the one avoiding eye contact. The only time he properly looked at me, his expression changed from indifferent to concerned and back in a second.

'So, we should probably start working. Get this over with as soon as possible. I have a thing later today.'

Okay, maybe he really was busy this week and wasn't avoiding me. And maybe the reason he's being weird and distant is that he's stressed with work. Because usually, he tends to procrastinate a lot. I hope that is it, cause I don't think I can handle him hating me. Besides, I didn't do anything for him to hate me! Like, before he used to want us to bond and now he only seems to care about the work. I'm so confused and worried about him.

'Umm, yeah... Sure... But are you sure you're okay?'

'I'm great. What do you want to know? For the book I mean.' He asks almost coldly. Still not looking directly at me.

I clear my throat and pull out my notebook from my purse.

'Well, I was thinking today we can talk about the release of This Town and Slow Hands. How they affected your career and all the feelings you went through. Stuff like that.'

'Yupp. Sounds good.'

I look at him, waiting for him to start his story. But he doesn't say anything.

'Hey, Ni? Do you want to maybe do this later? If you're in a hurry... or I don't know. You seem a little out of it. It's okay. We don't have to do this now.' I try comforting him.

'Yeah, okay.'

Honestly, I don't even know what he means by that. He's still sitting here. Should I leave? What's going on?

I put my hand above his, silently trying to comfort him. But instead of helping I think I just made it worse.

'I'm sorry.' He says, standing up suddenly.

Just before he put his sunglasses on, I'm almost pretty sure I noticed his eyes are misty. What's gotten him this upset? My heart is breaking for him and I hate not being able to help him. If only I could contact any of his friends. I don't want him to be alone. 

He storms out of the coffee place. I'm seriously considering following him. It's the middle of the day on a Friday. I'm pretty sure everyone he knows is busy. But what if I'm the last person he wants to see? What if, he's not okay because of me, and I just need to leave him alone instead?

I call Izz to ask her for advice. I catch her up with everything and wait for her reply.

'But I don't get it! You didn't do anything wrong! It doesn't make sense. I really don't think he's like this because of you.'