Chapter 107

Lauren's POV

I never wanted so much a joke to turn into reality, a very large part of me wanted that, and I needed it, to be sure that everything we live is not going to end up with the exchange. That everything that I became won't go with her.

And I think that is my biggest fear, when I don't have her close, I won't have the impulse to want to be better, even if I haven't yet managed to get away completely from drugs.

“LAUREN” Drew said, in my ear, pulling me out of my thoughts.

“Yes?” I said slowly.

“I've been calling you for half an hour” he sad “were you on the moon?”

“Only if that moon is from Mexico and has have brown eyes...” Taylor murmured, laughing.

“I'm sorry. What did you want?”
I asked, ignoring my sister.

“I was suggesting that we can go for an ice cream, in the end the afternoon is hot today” I nodded, changing the course towards the ice cream parlor

“Oh, good idea, Drew” Camila praised, smiling “it really is very hot ” she said, while picking up her hair.

I looked at her from the side of my eyes and stretched my hand to touch hers.

“Both hands on the wheel, Lauren”
she mimicked as I said earlier, making me laugh.

In a short time we reached the ice cream shop. We took the flavors we wanted and we sat at one of the tables outside the place.

“I love chocolate” Taylor said

“I think I realized that when I saw you taking five balls of that ice cream flavor.” Camila said laughing, my sister stuck out her tongue.

“Ah you got dirty” I saidd, looking at Camila.

“Where?” She asked

“Here” I approached her, pressing my lips her lips

“Oh, now for real? And in public?” Taylor asked, mockingly “finally! Can I tell you, sister-in-law?”

“Taylor, eat that you look prettier.”  Camila answered, laughing

Camila's POV

Later we left Drew at home and returned to ours. Lauren threw the keys of the car on the table, while Taylor went up to take a bath. I looked at her for a moment, she was so quiet since we arrived from the ice cream parlor.

“Did something happened?” I asked, touching her shoulder, she turned to me, shaking her head.

“What?” she looked at me, confused

“I don't know, you'requiet...” I said and bit my lower lip

“I just kept thinking about some things...” she said and sat on the sofa come here she said and I went to her, but when I was going to sit next to her, she took me in her lap, I grabbed her neck and laid my head on her shoulder, her hands wrapped around my waist. She rested her chin on my shoulder.

“Doesn't it bother you when Taylor tells you, sister-in-law?” she asked, taking me by surprise.

“It doesn't” I said sincerely  “is a game of her a way to make fun of me.”

She nodded, while placing a small kiss on my neck, leaving me bristling.

“Wesley sent me a message early...” she told me calmly... “inviting me to a party with him tonight.”

“So?” I asked, raising my head to see her.

“I don't know” she said ans sighed “I just can't decide now.”

“Why? It is forbidden to try to get away from what is wrong with you?” I asked, my voice a little altered “those ‘friends’ of yours make me furious...”

“Camila, I can not just stand up, I've been buying drugs for years...” she said and continues. I looked at her, giving her to understand that she had understood
“he has the money, it's not just me.”

“And if you disappear what will he do?” I asked.

“Something similar to what Keaton did.” she said and shrugged.

“Lauren, once again, why did you get involved in that?..” I asked

Lauren's POV

I know how important it is for her to know what drove me to use drugs, but I still get blocked very hard when they ask me about that.

“I'm sorry..” it was all I answered, with the voice lower than normal

“You still don't trust me enough to talk about it, do you?” She asked, with the same tone of voice as mine.

“I don't trust myself to talk about it”
I answered, sincerely “it was something very idiotic, a small reason, stupidity, I would say..” I continued “that led me down a road with virtually no return.”

“Don't say that” she said a little angrily.
“I'm not going to let you destroy yourself because of drugs. And not for nothing.”

“Okay, I'm sorry”  I said and decided not to oppose. Even if I had my doubts about that.

Near midnight, that same day, I walked nervously through my room. I know it's wrong, but I can't just stop going to the club. I don't want any more problems with people who have the same Keaton style.
I don't want to do this to Camila again.

Wesley knows how to be a good friend, but he forgets that when it comes to business. Selling. I need to appear so that he can see that I'm still with him, even if I don't buy anything. Only the problem is to endure the vice...